Chapter 8: Awakening

Five years passed, since I was reborn in this world. In the past five years, I trained diligently. Waking up early to train my magic skills and then spending the rest of the day gathering pure energy to advance my inner worlds. Aside from my training, I also spent time learning the  language of this world. My days, for the past five years were very busy.

*I can't believe it's already been five years. Time sure flies huh.....and if I remember it correctly, today is supposed to be my Awakening, but the problem is, I am already awakened and not only that, my inner worlds are already at the solid blue stage.*

"Cassian are you ready?" My mother called
"Yes. I'll be there. Just a moment!"

*Well let's think about that some other time. For now I should head out.*

I opened the door to my room and stepped into the living room, where my parents and sister were already waiting for me.

"You are not nervous, are you?" My mother asked.

"I am not nervous. I am actually really excited."

"That's a relief. Let's head out then" said my father

I walked to the main door, with my family walking right beside me, and opened it.

As soon as I opened the door, I could feel the winds crashing on my face. They carried with them a sweet fragrance of flowers and fresh grass.

The scene in front of me was breathtaking. It was a bright and beautiful day, with the sun shining high in the sky, casting a warm and inviting glow over the landscape. The landscape was covered in green grass with patches of wildflowers in every color of the rainbow. A gentle breeze, rustling the leaves of the trees and making the tall grasses sway back and forth.

It was my first time stepping out of my house. Even after I could walk on my own, I never really went outside and would either train or study. Hence, the scene in front of me was enough to mesmerize me.

I took another step forward and stepped into the small garden of our house, which was covered with fences along its perimeters. Outside the garden was a dirt road, which led to three different ways. One to the north, one to the east and one to the west. The north road led to the village centre. It's the place where we'll be heading to.

In the past few years, I learned that my father is the village chief. Though he is the village chief, he prefers not to live in the village center and rather live outside of it.

"Isn't this a beautiful day Cassian? A perfect day for your awakening ceremony." My sister said. She was really excited for my awakening ceremony, even more than me.

"Why are still standing there? Let's hurry up. We have to reach there as fast we can." She said

We started walking on the dirt road.

After a few minutes of walking, we arrived at the village center.

The village center was pretty noisy and crowded today because of the Awakening ceremony. In the distance I could see a house, a little bigger than the surrounding houses. It was made of stone, while the other houses were made of wood and other materials. Many families were entering the place one by one and we did the same.

Upon entering, the first thing I noticed was a large orb, slightly larger than a human head. The orb was transparent, and was kept at the center of the room we were in.

*That orb....... It must be the orb father mentioned to me.*

As I was lost in my own thoughts, father called me.

"Cassian"

I turned back in response "Yes, father?"

"You remember what I told right? You'll be getting appraised by that orb over there. You know how it works right."