Error404 x reader

Requested by April_Gianttale hope you enjoy!

A/n: Just letting you know, reader, the pov of the writing is kind of random; some chapters will be in 1st pov, others in 2nd or third, sometimes a mix. I'm just letting you know. And more often than not, you are referred to as they/them, which might change later as my brain is like, "No, this is weird to read." But yeah.

Image by Mokutree3 on Tumblr

TW: possessive behavior, kidnapping, swearing, murder, mentioned guilt trip/manipulation

3rd POV

It was a warm, pleasant summer afternoon, a h/l h/c middle aged person hummed a small tune. A smile on their face as they took care of a few more files to finish up the day at work. Y/n's mind began to drift aimlessly as the excitement to head over to their friend's place and watch the newest episodes of f/s grew more and more potent.

Finishing the last file up, y/n eagerly placed it on the stack of papers that, like this one, were all completed and ready to be moved over to get sent and checked by employees in one of the other buildings. Packing their things, they stood up, turned, and walked into someone, causing them to drop the papers they were carrying all over the floor.

Y/n's face flushed in embarrassment. "Oh shit. Sorry, I wasn't paying attention, lost in my own thoughts. Heh, here, let me pick these up," They laughed nervously as they gathered the fallen paper.

Standing up, they smoothed the paper out before handing it back. "It's alright, accidents happen," responded a male voice.

That got y/n's immediate attention; miraculously, out of all those who are still in the office, they just had to run into the one person they have a crush on here.

"Say your name was... Y/n right?" He asked, taking his work back.

A small tinge of red crept onto y/ns face. "Wh-omg, 'wh- he knows my name! Hold on, keep calm. It isn't too big of a deal. OH WHO AM I KIDDING? I AM NOT GOING TO STAY CALM FROM THIS'

(a/n: sorry if this is cringy or whatever, I am out of ideas, also refer to your crush however you want; I just used he/him to make this easier to write and read.)

"Yep, heh, that's me alright."

C/n gave a small smile and said, "Well, it's nice to see you, last time we met was at your... application meeting, I believe."

Y/n gave a nod, "Yep! It's nice to see you as well." They shifted their eyes from side to side and tugged on the collar of their f/c shirt, saying, "Say, is it hot in here or is it just me?" Y/n stammered out, sweat building up slowly.

C/n stood there a little puzzled. "Uh, it feels fine to me. Say you look a bit red. Do you need anything? Here, I'll get you some water." He answered himself and walked off before the stunned person could speak.

'Greaaaaattttttttttttttttt- wait- maybe I could snag a hangout or maybe even a da- no, no, you just freaking talked to him. Get to know him first.' They thought for a few seconds, 'Oh hey! Maybe 404 could help with this and give me some advice! He is smart; he could give me tips, right?'

Shortly after that, the h/c male returned with a paper cup filled with water in his hand and said, "Here, I hope this helps, if there is anything else you need, let me know." He says he is handing them the cup. Taking the pill, y/n took a sip of the cold liquid and already felt their nerves relaxing, thus calming down.

"Thanks." They murmured.

C/n gave a nod. "Well, I will be seeing you later. Have a good night," he said, walking away, leaving y/n to think.