Part 2: Background Info

Ok guys it's part 2 now! Hope y'all enjoy 😁

Rio stood still for another moment. He took a heavy breath. A breath that had been held since the noise came back. It was a half breath. One filled with fear. He slowly opened his eyes. Rio looked at his surroundings. He was back where he began. In the same spot he closed his eyes, he stood there. After walking and running for so long in an endless loop, he stood where it started. He was left there. He blinked. This time it was a blink. His eyes opened back up almost immediately after closing. He then began calming his breathing, even though his heartbeat was racing. It was beating that fast from what just happened. Was that real? Was it a dream? What was that voice? Rio took a deep breath, looked down, and his heartbeat calmed soon after. He then began walking down his street, until he reached his block. Once again, he took a deep breath. He continued down his block until his house. He felt his entire body shiver. After everything that happened, only now his body felt fear. He kept trying to step on the first stair to his house, but he couldn't move. He felt numb, and his body was paralyzed. This was caused by fear. Why else would someone become paralyzed like this? The fear from what happened only a few minutes prior. His body went through aftershock. He looked down again. Instead of trying to take a step up the stairs, he slowly turned around and sat down. He sat for a few minutes. He didn't feel paralyzed anymore. He simply felt numb and dizzy. After a few more minutes, he started feeling tired. He began getting lost in thought. His eyes were about to close again, before a loud thud was heard. He snapped out of his daze. He stood up abruptly, still shook from the sudden sound. Then, he heard what had caused the noise. An outburst of screaming and crying. Without thinking or speaking, not even breathing, he ran into his house. The door was surprisingly unlocked. He ran through the living room, and then into the hallway. He slowed down when he reached the kitchen entrance. He saw a baby. His new sibling. The baby only a few weeks old. His new baby brother. He was so happy when he found out about him. It was his last present. His mom gave it to him right before the cake was cut. It was a special birthday cake. A cake Rio had always liked. It was split into three parts. The first was ice cream cake. It was always eaten first. The second part was chocolate and vanilla cake. The third was strawberry shortcake. He loved all the flavors. As he saw the cake, his mother handed him a small package. He opened it to find a note, with a dollar. He read the note.
"Rio we have a surprise for you. You are going to be a big brother! I know that Rena is your twin, but she is still three minutes older. So I hope that you'll always take care of your new baby brother!"
Rio started to tear up. He was really happy because he told his parents he wanted a little brother not too long ago.
As Rio saw the baby, he saw what had made the sudden thud. It was a can of baby food. Rio wondered why his dad wasn't with the baby but he saw a note on the table which answered all of his questions. The note read:
"Rio and Rena, i apologize for not feeding him but a very urgent meeting came. I needed to leave and only had a minute to write this note. See you soon! Bye and love you!"
Rio had a small smile on his face. He looked at his brother and let out a sigh. He grabbed the baby food knocked onto the ground. Only after the baby was fed, he noticed there were only two people in the house. The thought that should have occurred when he first got in the house, only came to his mind now. Rena was not there. Rena didn't go to the kitchen when the loud thud was made. Even if she knew Rio was home because the door opened, she should have came downstairs from her room. In fact, she shouldn't have even been in her room if their dad wasn't there. Who else would feed the baby? In case Rena didn't hear the thud, Rio slowly went up the stairs, rocking the baby. He reached the top of the stairs. The baby looked sleepy, so he carefully brought the baby to his crib. He put a pacifier and a baby toy in the crib next him, so if he woke up he would hopefully play with them. He gave the baby a small hug and turned the lights off, except for a lamp in the corner. The room was dimly lit now, with lullaby music playing. Rio left to his sister's room, and knocked on the door. No response. In case she was asleep, he slowly opened the door as to not wake her. Yet when he fully opened the door, the lights were off and the bed was empty. There was no one in the room. He feared that his sister was lost. She could have been kidnapped. He started to tear up. Thinking the worst had happened. Until he heard a click, meaning that his back door was opening. The door to their backyard had opened, which was odd. It was usually locked and had rarely been used. He turned to the door. He was scared at first but then sighed in relief. The woman he saw coming through the door however wasn't the one he wished to see. His had mom come in, after gardening, he had thought. Then a thought came. What if Rena had been stuck in that place with no sound? Where his eyes were closed? Would she ever come back? His mother gave him a soft, yet sad, expression. The sad yet sweet smile, he's seen many times before. He ran and hugged her.

This is the end of part 2 guys! Nothing too exciting happened however this chapter gave some background information. It might be important, it might not. I decided to wait for the baby's name because I wanted to ask you guys what it should be. Part 3 will be out tmr! :3