Chaotic dinner party

The victory from the moby dick might have been a while ago, but there had barely been any time to celebrate. Rumor has it that was going to change soon. "A dinner party with the mafia?!" Kunikidas voice called out throught the office "they're not some distant family you'd rather avoid at a christmas party, they're, well, THE MAFIA"  you chuckle to yourself, imagining a christmas dinner with Mori, that wouldn't be so bad now would it? Well, at least not for you. "I'm aware of that Kunikida, but i would rather stay on good terms with them, besides, Mori insists" the president spoke up. A wide smile forms on your face at the mention of his name, you must look like some high school girl, giggling at the thought of him.

"Do you think this is going to work out?" Atushi bursts your thought bubble. "It's truely a recipe for disaster if you ask me, putting chuuya and dazai in the same room, not to mention you and akutagawa have your own issues." Mentally adding you and mori to the list of "should not be left in a room alone" people. "Yeah, besides, the presidend and mori have quite the history too." "Definitely, only they handle it a little more... professional" it's like both you and atushi shared a flashback to dazai and chuuya bickering.

With the sun setting, and the last report files submitted, the night of the dinner party came ever closer. "I... really have a bad feeling about this." Atsushi voiced his concerns. "I don't quite like it either, but hey, free food! And i've got the admit, they've got some of the best chefs over there, they make a killer steak." You tried to give a small peptalk "yeah, i suppose you're right, it's not like i have much budget left" he mentioned. "Besides, why do you know about the quality of their steaks?"  He questioned you raising an eyebrow. "Oh, 's because i, eh, worked for them for a little while, remember?" I replied, quite unsure of my own answer. You mocked yourself internally "Sure, because every company makes fancy food for all of their employees, ya know?" Luckily Atsushi didn't seem to push you any further, and was already lost in his many worries about tonight.

Yep, this is about how you had expected it to go. Who let Dazai and chuuya sit next to one another? Akutagawa kept up a menacing stare toward Atsushi, who in turn looked at you for help. Mori's sitting at the head of the table, also looking in your direction, aka the reason why you're currently looking anywhere but that side of the table. To your right there's gin, your one and only saving grace this evening. While there's a lot going on, none of it really catches your attention. You'd rather not be here right now, then again, that's the only thing all of you have incommon. Guess we'll go to the toilet, more so to get a few seconds of peace.

On your way back however, you bump into a familiar figure "i've had my eye on you" "so i've noticed" you bounce back, a little too harsh for your liking. At the end of the day, who are you to pretend you didn't want to be alone with him again. Shutting out all of your common sense you give him a small kis and bury your head in his chest. It's not the kind of peace you were looking for when you left the main hall, but it surely was the one you needed most right now. "Come dear, i know somewhere they won't follow us."

Yeah, i doubt his subordinates would dare enter his bedroom too. The both of you layed down, holding eachother impossibly close. The port mafia leader just gives the best cuddles. The longer you stayed there, the more it dawned on you that you couldn't stay away anymore. Going back to the ADA, pretending to be fine, it all weighed heavily on your shoulders. He brushed your hair aside, planting kisses across your forehead, straying lower until he finally met your lips.

"What's on your mind  (n/n)?" "I- i'm afaird of what they would think of me." You spilled out, it had to be said alound some day. "I know you would rather avoid it, but there is only one way to find out, and that is by telling them." "I know, i know that. I just don't want to ruin the life i've built out there, the one i fought so desperately for. I care for them so much, why, why do i have to choose." The tears were with far too many to stop now "why can't i just be happy now, i've got everything i've ever wanted. For once, i have something going for me, only for my own guilt to ruin that very same feeling. Why do i feel so guily for choosing myself for once, is being happy truely too much to ask?" You yell out to the world, lowing your head to your hands while Mori traces small circles on your back. "Then tell them. If they are truely as foolish as to abandon you, they aren't worth your time or sorrow. I will be here waiting for you with open arms, the mafia will surely give you a warm welcome."

It took a while for to words to truely be processed but when they did, you felt a lot more confident you would get out of this for the better. "Thank you Mori, i really needed that." Immediatly growing embarrassed by your sudden outbreak. "Please, call me Ougai" he said with the softest of smiles. "I love you Ougai" "i love you too (y/n)"

"Hey Yosano! Have you seen (y/n) around?" Atsushi came runninng up to her. "No, i though you would know."  She stated "(y/n) wasn't feeling well and left to go home quite some time ago." Mori's voice butted in from a distance, He had gotten back to the main hall just in time, before your collegues could roll out a search team. "Sounds to me like you poisoned her." Yosano shot back. "I assure you, i have nothing but her best interest in mind."  "Oh bullshit, you think of no one but yourself" She was fully ready to tackle the man to the ground, luckily atsushi suggested to just call (y/n) so they could hear for themselves.