Chapter 6

I run up to him and reach for his mask but before I could take it off, he grabs my wrist and tries to flip me over his shoulder, but I just attach my legs to his waist and make him fall back with him under me. I grab both his hands and put them in one hand making it impossible for him to escape.

He furrowed his eyebrows and said "Madeleine?!" He looked shocked but relieved to see me. It has been almost ten years since we last saw each other. "Hey I would appreciate it if you let go of me and off me. I mean I'm not complaining or anything." He said with a smirk and I just gave him an eye roll.

I get off him and stand up. He stands up right after me and pulls me into a hug. We stayed there for what seems like forever, forgetting Dick was watching us the whole time until he cleared his throat. Jason and I both turned our heads but not moving our arms.

"We have to go. Who knows when more guys are going to come. I have to get this dude somewhere safe so we can talk to him." He tells us.

"Right." I say letting go of Jason. I went upstairs to press the elevator button and by the time the boys came into the room with Adamson the elevator was already there. We sent Jason and Adamson down first leaving me and Dick to talk.

"How do you two know each other?" He starts.

"We were friends when I was younger." I told him.

"Like Arrow/Queen Family younger or Doom Patrol younger?" He keeps questioning.

The elevator came back up and we both got in as I said "Doom Patrol younger. Though we only knew each other for about a year. He was my only friend my age. Then he left to move with his uncle in Gotham, which somewhat explains why he is in a Robin suit. Batman must have seen potential in him. I taught him how to fight when we were ten he must've remembered. But why is he Robin? I thought you were Robin." The elevator was almost down the way.

"I quit about a year ago.'' The elevator dinged and we both stepped out to see Jason practicing maneuvers.

I rolled my eyes and said, "Alright Todd, help us with this fat dude."

He smirked and immediately did what he was told. The boys got Adamson's arms while I got his legs.

"Guys, dude looks dead." Jason says looking a little worried.

I scoff and say, "Trust me. There's a difference between dead and knocked out."

He just gives me a glare. "This is awesome! Robin and Robin, in action." I clear my throat, interrupting him. "And Scarlet Arrow."

I gave him a surprised look, not knowing he knew my alter ego. He just shook his head and stuck his tongue out at me.

"Who the hell are you?" Dick asks, not noticing our little interactions.

"Jason Todd. The new Robin. Robin 2.0 , right?" He says in a cheery voice. "Hey, seriously, man, it's an honor to meet you and see the faces behind names, am I right?" He turns to me and gives me a wink and smirk. I wink back at him and I can see the surprise wash over him before he puts his cocky mask back up. "I always wondered what this moment was gonna be like, never thought that when it happened I'd be saving your life."

We finally got to the car when I said, "So, there's a new Robin, eh?"

"Yours truly. In the flesh." He smirks once again.

"You must like saying 'In the flesh' a lot, huh?" I say mocking him.

"Batman know you're here?"

"Of course. Bruce knows how badly I've always wanted to meet you. Pick your brain, catch a couple of pointers, he's all, 'Go for it, bro.'" He tells us.