Where Am I?

School was finally out for spring break, being a senior in high-school meant you were able to have more freedom, so you packed up a couple bags, packed up your truck and headed off for Memphis Tennessee. You had always been an Elvis fan and finally being able to visit Graceland felt like a dream come true. You drove from Texas all the way to Tennessee, the long drive had you even more excited for the arrival, you had decided to stay in an Airbnb near the Graceland property, once you arrived you took your backpack and duffle bag into the house and shut the door. You got your tickets on your phone and walked the way towards the ticket counter across the street from the Graceland home. It was a sunny day, you were surprised at how little to no people were there. You shrugged it off as a slow day and you didn't care. You just wanted to get to the home and see where the king lived and what his home had become.

You had arrived at the building where you would get on the shuttle and go across to the Graceland home. But before the tour you walked around and made your way over to the Lisa Marie airplane. You marveled at the interior design and the colors. You decided to grab souvenirs after the tour so you wouldn't have to carry it for the entire trip. "You have a good time now sweetheart." The woman spoke, you smiled before nodding. "Of course you have a good day now ma'am." You finally got on the shuttle and went across to Graceland, once off you noticed the horses on the property, you had always had a soft spot for horses seeing as you and your father owned a couple. Your cowboy boot heels clicked against the pavement as you made your way up the stairs into the home. You wandered around looking through the rooms whilst the other couple people whom were there did their own thing. You snapped pictures acting a huge fangirl silently. Once you made your way through the house you were taking steps down towards the basement to see the room where Elvis had his three TV's and mirror ceiling. But on the way down you felt off... like someone was watching you. As you took that last step you tripped over what seemed like nothing and fell down, but you didn't fall down onto the shag carpet. It was on something hard and rough. The damn concrete.

You groaned before standing up, brushing your wrangler jeans off. "Damn that hurt.." You seethed out, you adjusted your jacket and belt before looking around curiously. Graceland looked a bit odd.? No one was there, No bars on the windows, No shuttles, No signs, nothing. You made your way over to the garden. No graves? What kinda sick joke is this? You heard a door open and a bunch of men laugh, you felt yourself freeze up before turning around slowly. "Hey E.P! Let's go grab some cokes and drive the golf carts around." You recognized that nickname. "Hey who's she?" You heard another voice ask. You turned slowly around to face the Memphis Mafia boys and Elvis.. holy shit you felt as if you were hallucinating. There was no way! You took off running towards the large fence that enclosed the Graceland property, "Hey! Hey! You get back here!" Another males voice shouted, but once over the fence you looked around everything was different. The houses, everything there was no modern cars. Nothing. It looked as if you had gone back to the late 60's. Your head started to hurt, you clutched your throbbing skull and stumbled your way towards the Airbnb you were staying in, you were surprised it was even there. You stumbled through the door before collapsing to the floor. Hours later you came to consciousness, you noticed a newspaper sitting on the floor next to you, you looked over reading the date. April 11th, 1967.

You rubbed your eyes before gasping. "Holy shit I traveled back in time.. how?!" You mumbled snatching the newspaper. You looked out the mail slot to see people walking past the house. Beautiful colored women wore beautiful dresses in all colors, from pastel green to purple. Men walked around wearing zoot suits and tailored suits. You finally had to realize the situation. You had to find a way home. You quickly jumped up still clutching the newspaper, you felt the warmth of the Tennessee sun, you tossed your jacket over a chair and headed out of the house. You tucked the newspaper in your back pocket before strolling down the street thinking hard and long about your current situation. Could you change the course of the future? You made your way down the street, everyone looked at you oddly, your fitted wrangler jeans and fitted T-shirt were clearly not from around there. You found yourself walking down Beale Street and quickly dipped into a diner. You sat down at a booth in the back hiding away from the possibility of someone coming after you. A very gorgeous black woman walked up to you holding a note pad and pen, she looked very tired but she held a smile. "Hello, What can I get you miss?" She asked sweetly, you smiled before ignoring the question. "Well, I'd like to know how your day is going before I order." You leaned against the table crossing your ankles.