セブン

The Righteous

🍁☂️

Much to Kazuha's adversity, he had to leave more than half of his mora to pay for the meal. He had forgotten through time how the inflation in Inazuma due to the prince's recent escapes had caused more than his home nation to increase prices. Even so, he was glad to share a proper meal with Scara, instead of just the fish he cooked for them.

"What do you think of Fontaine so far? It's my first time travelling here as well."

"I like it here. I think Fontaine has a nice style. Definitely, not something you'd find in Inazuma," Scara responded, almost in a daze as he listened to the music of a band they passed, though he hadn't noticed how his veil tilted one way too much.

"Hold on," Kazuha said as he paused and came closer to Scara, lifting a hand up to adjust the veil for the other before he smiled.

Scara froze for a moment as he stared at Kazuha. If he had a heart, it would have dropped to his stomach with dread. What would even happen if his veil fell off in such a large crowd?

"There." Kazuha was rather close to Scara, but he backed away to a respectful distance before he continued on down the road as if nothing happened.

"Thank you very much. I was in my head and didn't notice," he hesitated a bit but found a smile creeping up onto his face. Why is he so intrigued by a wanderer who he just met? It's so confusing to him.

"No problem." It was growing difficult to manoeuvre around, so Kazuha couldn't help but get closer to Scara.

"What's it like in Liyue? I mean, I travelled through there with you, but I've never seen anything past the harbour."

"I'm glad you asked," he glanced at Scara. "It's the land of law and golden prairies. It has its fair share of land and sea, both soothing to the soul. Everyone is rather suspicious of us Inazumans because of our prince's recent troubles, but they are welcoming with elegant cultures and literature. I quite like it."

Listening to Kazuha talk about Liyue made Scara think about how calming it must be there. Hearing about the beauties he could have witnessed made him feel a bit regretful about not spending more time there, but he didn't have a choice if he wanted to escape--fast.

Until Scara heard the last part.

Oh. So word has already spread. He should have predicted this.

"Ah, the prince has troubles again? What happened?" acting oblivious, Scara looked around to avoid eye contact with Kazuha. He knew from his studies of humans that the eyes were like a gateway to the soul. Truth, lie, emotion, and almost anything could be found in the eyes, so he wouldn't risk it even if he might not even have a soul to begin with.

"All I've learned of so far is that he is missing again. News travels fast with the Liyuens."

All of the people bumping into Scara started to build up some irritation within him. Up until then, his temper was under check, but this was all too much for him to just put up a smile for.

"This way," Kazuha suddenly said as he pulled Scara away from the crowd.

"Huh?" Kazuha suddenly taking hold of his hand snapped him out of his head. It was dark for a moment in the alleyway, but once his vision cleared, he saw a group of treasure hoarders in the middle of mugging another traveller. How pathetic.

Kazuha hesitated for a moment before he set down their bags, "Hold on."

"Regardez qui nous avons ici? Tu essaies de causer un problème ici, gamin?" [["Look who we have here? You trying to cause a problem here, kid?"]] one of the hoarders laughed as he approached the two. Another kept the traveller stuck in place only to watch as the third hoarder counted stolen mora with a wide grin.