Chapter 1------4 years later

TW:  Mentions of abuse

Sam P.O.V

It had been 4 years since Sam's partner went missing. And the events of that day can be blamed on her father. 

Hope your happy now dad. Sam nearly always had the same track of thoughts going through her head. Well I hope that prick gets what he deserves one day.

Over the past 4 years sightings of a black and gray phoenix with white accents had been reported around the area where Kaia was last seen. Sam hoped it was them.

BANG BANG BANG. Glancing out the window, Sam saw a group of Stormchasers who were good friends of Kaia's. They also had packed bags and weapons of all sorts secured to them. "Sam, your father dobbed us in and showed the papers of what we have about Kaia. We all need to leave now." the tallest male said.

Grabbing a pre-packed bag, knowing that she would one day need it, Sam ran outside and then they all followed her out to the secret pathway in the woods. Dylan Smith, the young man who called out to her at her home lifted his hand above Sam's head to move a branch out of the way.

"Thanks Dylan." Sam said to the young man. After nearly 2 hours of hiding in the alleyways of the kingdom, slowly making their way to the edge of the forest, Sam, Dylan and 7 others were stopped by a squadron of soldiers. And the royal bitch herself was leading them. After a couple of moments Sam noticed her father was holding hands with the bitch that took her partner away. 

Dylan grabbed her arm and the group shot of into the woods. After what seemed like hours and hours of running and dodging more branches, Sam and Dylan had agreed that they would find the clifftop to camp at for the night.

Tatiana and Cara Grayson, the Shadow Twins as they were also known, had already taken up night watch positions in front  of the makeshift shelter that they would all be sleeping in. Mark Prior was clearing a space in front of the shelter for the fire, while Madison Salders and Tyler Weathers got wood for the fire. 

Aria Smith and Adam Dearton were sitting down tending to the injuries given to them by Sam's father. Well. Sam you should have been a better daughter. Maybe then you would have been someone I could have been proud of instead of the mistake you are.

Sam didn't realise she was crying until a hand rested down upon her shoulder. Still with half a mind ensnared by horrible memories, Sam screamed on instinct crying out not to be hit again. 

"Calm down. Sam, it's me Dylan. I should have given you a heads up. I'm sorry for startling you." Dylan apologised. Nodding her head, Sam looked at the others who all had that understanding and sympathetic look in their' eyes.

"It is time to hit the hay you lot. Hopefully tomorrow is far better." she said. Extinguishing the dancing flames, Sam went into the makeshift shelter. The others followed in, with Tatiana and Cara last.