Chapter Two - House

*Allura Diggory POV*

I'm slowly wakened by my arm being rubbed. Opening my eyes, I find my brother still sitting next to me.

"We're here." He says softly, reaching out his hand as he stands up. I take it, and he slowly pulls me to my feet. I wave my hand, and the contents return to their place in my bag.

I smile brightly, feeling better after my nap. Cedric grabs my hand and leads me off the train onto the platform. I look around to find a blur of black with red, yellow, green, and blue. I chuckle slightly, realizing I still haven't changed into a pair of plain robes like the first years are.

Cedric looks at my outfit before laughing loudly, which in return makes me laugh. I looked like a tourist amongst everyone.

"Don't worry, Ally. They'll give you robes with your house colors once you're sorted."

"I'm not worried. I have mom's robes if need be." I say, patting my bag.

He nods before pulling my hand, so I follow him. We walk away from the first years with the rest of the years to open carriages. My mouth is partially open as a boney-winged horse pulls the carriages.

So, this was a Thestral. The creature looks at me as I stare in awe. I've read about them in books, but I didn't understand why I could see them. I've not witnessed the true death of someone yet.

"Ced... how can I see it?" I ask almost in a whisper.

"What are you talking about, Ally?" He asks, following my gaze. "There's nothing there."

"Thestral," I say the word and his face drops. He stares at me as I place my hand on the side of the creature's head. "Do you not see it, Ced?"

"No, Allura. I don't." He says saddened before grabbing my hand and pulling me away. I watch his back muscles tighten under his robes as he clenches his jaw tightly.

"Cedric," I say before he can pull me onto the carriage. He turns to me, and his look softens as he sees my scared expression.

"I don't know why you can see it, Ally. But try not to worry about it. You need to worry about focusing your mind on your house sorting."

I nod as he lifts me into the carriage. I find Riddle already sitting on the left and decide to sit next to him.

He quickly looks at me before turning his gaze back to the Thestral. Cedric sits next to me as a boy with dark curly hair sits across from Riddle. He had a long scar that went from the right side of his forehead to the middle of his cheek. His dark eyes screamed dominance as he stared at me. I give him a timid smile before looking across from me.

A boy with soft brown hair that lay perfectly around his face had his eyes closed. They open to show laziness and hatred. I look at the girl across from Cedric. Her black hair was put in a half ponytail, and she wore light makeup with a slight smudge of her lipstick.

She had just finished a make-out session by the look of it. I smile brightly at the girl, hoping to be friends still. She glares at my attire before rolling her eyes at me as the carriage starts to move.

I look at Cedric, and he senses my uneasiness as he wraps his arm around my shoulder while pulling me closer to him. The boy across from Riddle scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"Already making a move on her Diggory. Pathetic."

I quickly lean over and smack the boy with hatred in my eyes, and my jaw clenched. Everyone looks visibly shocked that I slapped the boy.

"That's my brother, you pig! Apologize! Now!" I yell commanding while standing up. He clenched his jaw with clear anger written on his face. He stands, towering over me. By the look he was giving, I could tell no one has ever challenged him.