1

(11 year old Romulus in the picture)

"Ready?" Fenrir asked his son gruffly.

"Yes," Romulus said with a sharp nod. And he was. He was ready for Hogwarts. He knew two houses he wanted to be in. Slytherin, or Gryffindor.

"Be safe," Fenrir says, kneeling to be face-to-face with his son. Grey eyes were meeting grey eyes.

"I will," Romulus says softly.

Faith Greyback (née Howell) walked in and smiled softly, yet a little sadly. "Ready?"

"Yeah, Mum." He said softly before hugging Fenrir tightly. "Love you, Dad."

He could practically hear Fenrir smile. "I love you too, Romulus. But remember, it matters not what house you get in. Only what mark you leave on that house."

"Of course."

🐺🐺🐺

Romulus smiled widely as he saw his best friend, Blaise Zabini, wave him over where he stood with their mutual best friend, Draco Malfoy. He hugged his mum and said goodbye before dashing over to them with a wide smile.

"Hogwarts, here we come!" He said excitedly, causing the other two to chuckle happily.

"Yes, indeed," Blaise said softly.

"Well, let's get on the train then," Draco said hurriedly.

Getting on the train was easy. The hard part was finding a compartment to sit in. They searched until they found one. It held a pale boy with messy black hair and glasses.

"Hi, can we sit in here?" Romulus asks gently. "I'm Romulus Greyback, and this is Blaise Zabini and Draco Malfoy."

"Yeah. Erm, I'm Harry Potter." He replied shyly as the three boys sat down.

"Nice to meet you," Blaise said calmly. "What house do you hope to go into?"

"I don't know much about the houses..." Harry admitted quietly.

"Well," Romulus started. "There is Slytherin, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff."

"Yeah," Draco said softly as if talking to a scared animal. "Slytherin is the house of cunning, ambition, resourcefulness, determination, pride, self-preservation, and shrewdness."

"Gryffindor," started Blaise. "is the house of daring, nerve, chivalry, courage, bravery, and determination."

"Hufflepuff," Romulus began. "is the house of loyalty, just, patience, fairness, and hard-working. Ravenclaw is the house of wit, learning, wisdom, acceptance, intelligence, and creativity."

"I think Slytherin or Ravenclaw for me," Harry said thoughtfully. "Maybe Hufflepuff but not Gryffindor..."

Romulus nodded. "I would recommend Slytherin or Ravenclaw as well. Perhaps we will be in the same house."

Harry smiled and was about to respond when the door was abruptly opened to reveal a girl with bushy hair and bucked teeth. Her brown eyes briefly settled on each of them before smiling at a shy Harry.

"Hello. I am Hermione Granger. And you are?"

"That was quite rude." He replies instead. "You ought to have knocked first. What if we were changing into our robes? Or if we were bullies? Or perhaps upperclassmen?"

Romulus, Blaise, and Draco stifled their laughter behind their hands as they watched Granger turn red with anger. She glared at the boys hatefully.

"That is unnecessary!" She shouted, reminding Romulus of a banshee. Or three.

He wasn't going to respond, but he saw how Harry looked fearful. He had curled into a ball, and Blaise and Draco were instantly there to comfort their new friend. So he stood. Romulus looked the girl dead in her eyes and growled lowly.

"Leave. You have scared and upset my friend. I do not like people who scare and upset my friends."

He watched with satisfaction as she fearfully left with tears. He then frowned as he knelt before Harry. He locked green eyes on his grey, which likely had specks of amber still in them. It amused him the wonder and curiosity in Harry's eyes.

"Are you okay?" Romulus asks softly as if he were speaking to pups from the pack. As the next-in-line Alpha, he often helped calm the puppies if needed.

"Y-Yeah. Your um." Harry pauses, not wanting to be rude. "Your eyes."

Romulus chuckles softly. "It's okay. My eyes get an amber color to them when I feel strong emotions because I am a werewolf."

"Oh. Okay." Harry said, smiling weakly. "I guess that means I have a good protector now."

Romulus laughs with a nod. "That you do, Harry."

🐺🐺🐺

The sorting was very anti-climactic. Except for two people. Romulus Greyback due to his name and his known sorting into Slytherin. And Harry Potter, due to his name and unknown sorting into Slytherin.

The others who Romulus took note of were Draco, Blaise, Vince, Greg, Pansy, Daphne, and Theo. All of whom got into Slytherin. That's not to say he didn't take note of others. Such as that Granger girl. Who got into Ravenclaw. Or Weasley, who got into Gryffindor. He suspected a problem or two.

He watched as Harry smiled and laughed with Draco and Blaise. It made him feel content, happy and amazed that he had such good friends.

🐺🐺🐺

"Harry Potter." Severus began snidely.

Romulus growled lowly. Which of course startled his godfather. His eyes were amber in color showing his wolf side was more predominant. He stood in between Harry and his godfather with another low growl.

"Harry is not what you think. Either listen or understand he is under MY protection. Am I understood?"

Romulus could feel Harry grabbing his robes out of fear of what was going on. He didn't blame Harry. Truthfully only he and Draco knew why their Godfather hated him. Not that they agreed with it.

"Explain." Severus demanded.

Romulus turned and looked at Harry with soft eyes. He could feel his wolf at the surface still yet his wolf was more like a puppy with Harry. He smiled softly.

"May I explain what I know?" He asked. He could tell Harry knew that he caught on. Yet, he knew Harry was giving him trust. A trust he and his wolf refused to break.

"Y-yes." Harry stuttered out.

Romulus nodded before turning back to Severus.

"He was abused, Uncle Severus. It's as simple as that. I don't know how far or any details but I know he has been abused. He coward away from you just a few moments ago!" Romulus says. "Again. He is under my protection."

Severus nodded with a blank face. "Alright then. We will discuss this more Saturday."

With that the group watched as Severus Snape left dramatically. After a bit more discussion of odd things, Pansy and Daphne first left for the girls dorm they shared with Tracy Davis. Then Theo left with Vince and greg to the boys dorm they shared. Harry looked to Romulus with wide eyes.

"Wait, are the rooms three each?" He asks sadly.

"Except for us." Romulus said gently. "You share a room with me, Blaise, and Dray."

"Dray?" Harry asks almost like a little kid.

Romulus chuckles as Blaise and Draco laugh a little. "Yes. I call Draco, Dray, as does Blaise. It's a nickname."

"Oh. You can call me Haz." Harry offers softly.

"We'll find you a nickname for you, Harry." Romulus offers. "Let's get you to bed, alright?"

"Ok." Harry says with a yawn.