4

Upon being released from the Hospital Wing, Rigel chose to go by his name and be public about who he was. He began taking lessons with his Aunt Cissa and Uncle Lucius on Wizarding culture, the Lords and Lady of past and present, and their current Heirs. He was also taught his family tree, specifically the Blacks, by his Aunt Cissa. The lessons were done each weekend, as he would leave Hogwarts and stay at Malfoy Manor for the weekend. Such as this weekend.

Rigel woke with a soft frown. He had a wonderful dream that his parents were there. That they were alive, he pulled his knees to his chest and began sobbing. He was angry. It wasn't fair to him. What did he do to deserve such a fate?

"Rigel?!"

He looked up to see Narcissa Malfoy walking with worried eyes. He sniffled slightly as he wiped his eyes with his hands. He felt foolish. He was raised to hide his emotions. The Dursleys never cared for him. They made that very clear each time he felt a slap, punch, kick, or any other form of violence that came his way. So early on, he learned that he needed to stuff his emotions down and never let them surface. So to see the worry and concern in Narcissa Malfoy's eyes was an odd experience for him despite seeing it multiple times.

"Sorry, I.." He sighed softly. "I had a good dream. My parents were alive.."

"James was to be Dad, and Regulus was to be Papa."

"Really?" He asked gently and in awe. This was the first he knew what he would have called them.

"It's true. Then, Sirius was Uncle Padfoot. Remus was to be Uncle Moony. Lily was Aunt Lily. You called your Uncle Lucius Uncle Lushi." She said, laughing softly at the end. "I know James and Regulus loved you dearly. When you were taken, it tore them to pieces. When James was then taken, it killed Regulus."

The two stayed silent for a while before being summoned to Lucius's office. Upon arriving, they saw Fenrir Greyback, Faith Greyback, and Romulus Greyback. Despite everyone trying to warn him not to, Rigel rushed over to Romulus and hugged the growling werewolf with amber eyes. He looked up at the taller eleven-year-old.

"What's wrong?" He asks softly and worriedly.

"They dared to say you deserved what you dealt with," Romulus growled, remembering the incident just minutes prior.

🐺🐺🐺

"How is Rigel doing?" Daphne asked Draco as the group sat at the Slytherin table.

"He is doing better. Mum says he is learning quickly and is glad we have continued little lessons here too." He responded before his face turned angry, looking at the two arrivals at their table. "Weasley, Granger, what displeasure do I owe your presence to?"

"You slimy snakes need to tell Harry the truth!" Weasley shouts.

The group of Slytherins, along with Weasley and Granger, looked at each other in silence before Romulus leaned over to Draco and, in a loud whisper, asked:
"Who is Harry? Do we know a Harry?"

"I am not sure," Draco whispers back loudly.

"Harry Potter, you dimwits!" Granger shouts, gaining more attention from students and staff alike.

"There is no one we know of that name that I am aware of, Blaise?" Romulus says, looking at his friend, who shrugs.

"Not me. Greg?"

"Nope. Vince?"

"Don't look at me. Pansy?"

"Does not register. Daphne?"

"I cannot say I know anyone with-"

"Stop!" Granger shouts at the top of her lungs. "You know exactly who we are talking about! You lot call him Rigel Potter-Black!"

"Oh, Rigel!" Draco says happily. "Yes, my cousin, why didn't you simply say so?"

"His name is Harry Potter!" Hermione stated with a stomp.

"You slimy snakes corrupted him!" Ron said with a sneer.

"No. He is who he is." Romulus said with a roll of his eyes. "He is finally away from the abuse and hurt he has been dealt unfairly."

"The way he is acting shows he deserved it," Hermione said before screaming as she and Ron ran from Romulus.

Romulus growled lowly as he watched the two leave with bright amber eyes. His canines grew in length, as did his nails. He looked over at Severus and began walking to the doors. He needed Rigel.

🐺🐺🐺

"And that's what happened," Romulus explained softly.

"I'm okay," Rigel said with a small smile. "How was the first flying class?"

"It was...interesting," Romulus said with a sigh. "I think Weasley pissed off Longbottom and Draco."

"How so?" Narcissa asked, knowing her son was well-learned in keeping his temper. 

"Weasley was bad-mouthing about Rigel and how he deserved to be an orphan because his parents were both homosexuals and death eaters," Romulus growled lowly, as did his Dad.

A little-known fact is that James Potter-Black and Regulus Potter-Black were good friends with Fenrir Greyback. Despite being older, Regulus and Fenrir were extremely close. When Regulus died, Fenrir was heartbroken. He howled every year on the anniversary of his death. 

"What did Neville and Draco do?" Rigel asked with a tilt of his head.

"Nothing, Yet."

He giggled at the smirks that Romulus, Fenrir, Lucius, and Narcissa all sported. They all knew how vindictive both boys could be regarding their friends. Narcissa knew that if Neville was anything like Alice, it was an enjoyable experience coming up indeed. She then smiled sadly at her hands. She would always miss Alice. Despite being alive, her friend was no longer with them the same way. It never did stop the Lady Malfoy from visiting, who she considered her best friend. Alice was, of course, Draco's Godmother. Both Narcissa and Augusta raised the boys together as if they were brothers. Something Augusta knew her daughter-in-law would have wanted. 

It was no true secret that Narcissa and Alice dated for a time in Hogwarts. It was simply not the time for them—something the women had understood. For them, it was the right person, the wrong time. However, that did not stop their friendship. In fact, Narcissa often believed silently that it made their friendship stronger. 

Little did she know Alice felt the same as she did. Deep down, the woman, as unstable as she was, recognized many faces. The one she loved the most, besides her son and Husband, was that of her best friend and former lover, Narcissa Malfoy.