Chapter 6

Lizzie's POV

Since I had a day off today, Robbie and I decided we should run some errands and have a good day afterward. We 1st got some coffee and bagels, then picked up the dry-cleaning. Robbie had to drop off some packages at his parent's since they were away for the weekend. The last thing for the day was grocery shopping. We went to the nearest target, we split up so we could get it done sooner. Robbie went to get the drinks and fruits, and I got the snacks and other foods.

Since I finished getting everything I went to meet up with Robs in his aisle, but I couldn't find him anywhere. I searched around the area more just in case he was busy with an object or not.

"Hey, there you are!" I said when I finally found him.

A young girl was facing him. She turned to me with an addled expression. Her face was familiar but I wasn't accustomed to it either. Her face was covered in patches of dirt, her hair was a mess like it hadn't been brushed for days. She seemed to recognize me, my first thought was that she was a fan. But it was only Davina.

"Well this is interesting," Robbie said with amusement.

"How did you recognize me from the back? Have you been stalking me? Do you 2 know each other? Oh, SHIT! Are you gonna tell her?" Davins said as she finished her rant turning towards Robbie and directing the questions at him.

"Tell me what?" I frowned, "Do YOU 2 know each other?"

"Alright, alright ladies. How about you 2 calm down," he said coming closer to stand next to me. "I don't know her, I just found her doing something no..."

"Don't. Please," Davina interrupted.

"Okay," I said interested in what Davina was doing, "I haven't been stalking you and no I didn't recognize you, I recognized Robbie," I said turning to him, "my husband."

"Cool," Davina said with discomfort taking over her face, "Look man I'll put it back, OK, the paparazzi don't find you, and I don't get in trouble. Cool?"

Robbie and I both went cold at the mention of the paparazzi's name. They don't bother us too much, but we rather keep our lives pretty private for several reasons.

"Davina, why would you get in trouble?"I asked breaking the awkward silence.

"Uhm...," she pointed behind us with her eyes.

I got the message 1st and turned to see a well-built officer standing behind us trying to get his drink.

"Hello there officer, I hope you are having a pretty good day," Davina said.

"Thank you, young lady," he answered with suspicion. We let him leave and then get back to our conversation.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT DAVINA?" Robbie whisper yelled.

"I don't know it was so awkward, I had to say something," she shrugged, "look Lizzie I was trying to sneak a bottle of water into my backpack, okay."

My first thought was, why would she steal water? I mean it was only 1.54$. But what if she can't even afford that much?

"Davina, are you homeless?" I asked while Robbies finished getting the rest of the groceries.

"Nah-"

"Don't try to lie to me. Then why are you stealing water that costs a dollar?" I interrupted her.

"Alright fine, I can't afford it," she said looking down at her hands, "yes, I'm homeless, for now."

I won't let this 14-15-year-old girl stay on the road all by herself. This world has dangerous people and you never who to trust especially with kids. I grabbed the bottle of water from her still-open bag and put it in our cart.

"She should come and stay with us," Robbie said before me.

"I was about to say the same, I'll tell her and you go pay," I gave him a kiss on the cheek and turned to talk to Davina but she was nowhere to be found.

I look around for a bit since Robbie had already left. I checked the places I thought she would be in the store but no trace of her. When we finally left I found her sitting on a curb eating out of a bowl.