Chapter Eight: Siege

"Who are they exactly?" Asked Kent.

"They're a community that doesn't think very highly about The Coastline Reserve." Said Arthur.

"The bastards call themselves The Shadows. They patrol around the island looking for newcomers like you, and enslave them to do work so that their community stays up and running smoothly." Said Arthur.

"So that means..." Said Kent.

"Yeah. She's probably working for them at this very moment." Said Arthur.

"So, what do we do?" Asked Kent.

"What do you think?" Asked Arthur.

"You're the leader, not me." Replied Kent.

"Yeah, but this operation is for you. So you're in charge this time." Said Arthur.

"Okay. How about this..."

"I head west, right for The Shadows base of operations. While you head back to The Reserve and gather troops, and we commence an attack on them." Suggested Kent.

"Sounds good. I'll also see if The Watchtower will assist us, The Shadows base camp is built like Fort Knox. So we will need all the help we can get." Said Arthur.

"Alright. Oh, and one more thing." Said Kent.

"Yeah?" Replied Arthur.

"Bring some more guns. I don't think this rifle will do the job stand-alone." Said Kent.

"On it, stay safe out there." Said Arthur.

"You too." Replied Kent.

Kent began to sprint westward, while Arthur started to make his way back to The Coastline Reserve, but stopping at The Watchtower along the way for reinforcements.

"Kathleen, I'm coming for you." Muttered Kent as he ran across the open and scorched plains.

Arthur rushed through the forest, and arrived back at The Watchtower.

"Hey, guard. Get Jaden down here now!" Exclaimed Arthur.

"Of course Arthur." Said the guard.

The guard called Jaden over to the front, she had hauled the front gate open and walked over to Arthur.

"What is it?" Asked Jaden.

"Get some of your people ready for a fight." Said Arthur.

"Why?" Asked Jaden.

"The Shadows have Kent's friend working for them, and we're going for a rescue operation. Kent is already headed for them, but he can't do it alone." Explained Arthur.

"Typically, I would refuse. But I'm always down for a rescue operation in the name of love." Said Jaden.

"That sounded really corny." Said Arthur.

"Yeah, it definitely sounded better in my head. Anyways, I'll get my men ready." Said Jaden.

"Thanks, I owe you one." Replied Arthur.

Arthur then started to run in the direction of The Coastline Reserve.

Meanwhile, Kent was slowly closing in on The Shadow's base camp. He had just made it out of a small forest, and was now entering a clearing with tall grass everywhere. But as he was traversing the tall grass, he saw four people at the end of the clearing. They were equipped with firearms and what seemed to be bullet proof vests with an emblem plastered directly in the middle on both sides of the vest. The emblem looked to have a hawk's skull on it, with a sniper scope's reticle around the hawk skull.