Chapter 6

Slaydaymfs urfavgeorgesimp beverlys-cigarette

~~~

I was in the library for about 15 minutes until I realised that it was curfew so I ran back to the common room and studied until I fell asleep.

In the morning, I woke up and quickly got ready before rushing out the door. I made it to breakfast, but that wasn't a worry as it was still quite early, what I hadn't done was check the time.

As I enter I see Jester sitting at the Slytherin table eating breakfast, so I go sit next to him.

"Hey" I say "Excited for lessons to start up again?"

"Not at all!" He replies

I rest my head on his shoulder and chuckle at his response. "Could you get me a bowl of Cheeri Owls?" I ask tiredly. He makes me a bowl and I eat it quickly, I was very hungry.

"What've you got first period?" They ask with curiosity.

"I've got a free!" I say "And you?"

"Well it's my lucky day because I too have a free." He responds, smiling at me.

"Oh, yay! Wanna spend out frees together?" I ask hopefully

"I would love to" They answer with a wink.

I grab a croissant and eat it quickly before grabbing Jester's arm and pulling them to the courtyard. I sit on a bench and pull them down next to me.

I put my hand down on the bench and it sets itself on top of Jester. I look down and blush, but then he does something I didn't expect. He grabbed my hand and looked at me with a soft smile. I blush heavily.

"Hope you don't mind... my hand's cold" They say with a chuckle.

"Yeah.. it's all good" I respond, still blushing like mad.

After a few minutes of awkward silence and hand holding, Jester decides to speak up.

"So..." he starts, breaking the silence "I know you and Cedric aren't in the best place right now... but I just wanted to know... you aren't dating right? Like you spend so much time together! The whole school thinks you're in love at this point, and I didn't think so at first but now I'm kinda changing my mind..."

I'm quick to answer with "No! He's just a friend honestly... well not at the current time but you know what I mean."

"Oh ok" he says

There's another couple minutes of silence until I say

"Hey, Jester. I was just wondering..." I started "How do you feel about having a massive fan club, I mean is it annoying or is it really nice? Does it boost or lower you self-confidence? I mean, if it were me, I'd think it was a kind thing at first, you know, people expressing their love for you all the time. But then it really is all the time and you just want them to shut up. And I mean they drag you all over the place just to look at you? I mean yeah I guess it would be a confidence boost but it would just be annoying at this point! But that's just how I feel, I guess some people would still be loving it. It would be a bit weird though, I mean you're just a normal student, like you're 16... but you have a huge school wide fan club, there's even first years in it which is strange because it's only the second day of school and how do they know you exist already? Perhaps their older siblings told them all about you, that's a bit obsessive don't you think? Anyways—"

"Danielle!" I was cut off by Jester, who was right in my face, we were inches apart.

I blush deeply "Oh sorry..." I only just realised how long I was talking for...

I notice Jester glancing down at my lips, and I glance down at his...

"May I..?" he whispers to which I nod shyly.

And then... he kisses me.