CHAPTER FOUR

**************

Date: December 17, 2022

Time: 8:00 in the morning

Place: Lee Residences, Gangnam-gu, Seoul South Korea

It was still snowing that day as Naeun gazed outside the window, watching the snow falling slowly on the ground. She didn't really like the cold weather, but she really loved snow days, as she could sit down on the couch, cuddled up under a huge fluffy blanket with a cup of hot cocoa. That sounded like a perfect day.

During snowy days like this as a kid, her eldest brother, Dohyun would bring her and her older brother Taeyong to the park to build up a snowman. Though they never succeeded in doing one properly, it made her smile still as her older brothers would tell her stories about their late father, whom she never got to meet. But more than ever, Naeun would continue to talk to the wind as if her father was listening.

"Appa, it's snowing." She whispered, as she sighed and sat back down on the bed. The classes were cancelled that day due to the expected snow storm that may occur, and her and her friends decided to take a day off from focusing on their school works.

Seulgi told her through their group chat that she would just be sleeping all day and Hyojong would be trying a new recipe to make. Naeun envied her friends, they have time to do such luxuries compared to her, in a matter of two hours.

Secretary Park called a few minutes ago, telling her that he would be picking her up for her learning lessons about the royal family, their traditions and all. Nobody knew except the Royal Family and hers about what is happening, even though she wanted to tell her friends all about it and get their support, she couldn't bear to tell them. Especially since the engagement wasn't announced just yet.

Based on the last update Secretary Park have told her, the engagement would be set on the 31ST  of December. Almost a week before the announcement of her engagement to the Crown Prince, and anytime this week, Naeun's identity would be exposed as the prince's fiancée.

************

For the past week, Naeun had lessons about basic manners, the royal family history, the code of conduct at royal palaces and many more, that she lost track of how much she head read. And today was no exception, but just like the few days before she was trying to not zone our as she was listening to Secretary Park along the way to the royal palace.

He picked up Naeun from their neighborhood with a regular plate car to make sure no one becomes suspicious. She was afraid that someone would notice it though. Brushing off all the worries, and continued to read the books piled in front of her given by her facilitator, Miss In-ah, who became close to her ever since she had started teaching Naeun about everything she needed to know.

Although at first, Naeun was overwhelmed with the number of books that she had to read and all the things she had to learn, who left-to-right and from right-to-wrong, in the active and practice discussion of Miss In-ah. And thankfully that helped her so much, even though she disliked history during her high school days.

"Okay then, let's start with the politics and the stakeholders management..."

Like the nth time for that day, Naeun swore to God that her head was about to explode anytime soon. She tried to listen to all the things Miss In-ah has explained and focusing her eyes in the book in front of her. She never had to read so much reading materials in one seating and her back hurts, just as much as the materials were boring!

Wars between nations, the monarchs family tree, the evolution of Korean societies and many more.

"Hmph," Naeun pursed her lips as she held back a yawn, one hand covering her mouth. It seems like her head was too exhausted to even realize it.