Chapter 18

Y/N was standing in a vast empty plane. Nothing around but pure white, and odd, vague shaped that seemed to fail taking form of something real. Y/N rubbed his eyes as he glanced around and nothing had changed. "Hello?" He called out. His voice echoed throughout the vast emptiness. Y/N looked down and saw he was as naked as the day when he was born. At the moment, that didn't bother him. He continued to call out to nobody in particular, asking the same hello every time. Slowly, he began to walk around. As he got closer to a shape, the shape slowly formed into a vivid image of a mangled corpse, propped up by a long recognizable rotting red spike. Y/N backed away and the image returned to its misshapen blob form. Y/N backed away from it slowly, tripping over another blob he didn't see on the ground. He looked down and saw the corpse of his old professor, riddled with energy shots, lifeless. Y/N scrambled away backwards, his fear taking over him, as he backed into another blob. He turned around to see the corpses of Yang, Ruby, Blake, Weiss, Jaune, Pyrrha, Ren, Nora, and Qrow, strung up in a row, hanging from their necks. The ropes led to a flying group of people. All featureless, but staring down at Y/N.

A man, tarnished gold with deer antlers held two ropes. His brother, a dark blue figure with goat horns held up one. Their mother, a woman with a thin figure and long, broken goat horns. A gray mushroom covered figure with sunken eyes, who had long but scraggly hair held another string, while a figure that looks similar to the aforementioned mushroom figure, although this one looked as though she was rusting away, but had the same sunken eyes, holding one string. An older looking male, with a slight red tinge, looked like a decaying tree with sunken in eyes, held one string. The one next to him, a young boy, youngest of the group, and the least decayed one, looked like a slightly decaying corpse. Sunken muscles, but the same dark sunken eyes.

"You can no longer run, Y/N." They all said in unison. The four decaying ones had raspy voices to match. "We will destroy all that you love. Nothing will remain." The figures taunted. Y/N turned around, and stood up.

"Over my dead body!" Y/N screamed.

"That's the plan." The oldest one, the purple woman with the broke goat horns spoke above the others. A dark black smile creeped across her face as she and the others began to move forward, dropping the corpses of Y/N's friends.

"No!" Y/N screamed out, bolting forward, and sitting up. Y/N was drenched in sweat, and no longer in that pure white void, but in his bed in the Bunker. Y/N gasped for air as he looked around. "Not here... thank goodness.." Y/N spoke softly to himself. He fell back onto his bed, staring up at the dark ceiling, the ceiling fan swaying slowly as it circled the air around the room. Y/N closed his eyes, as the vision of his friends being strung up by those.. things.. that Y/N knew to be the remaining gods. And they were hunting him.

•••••

A few weeks had passed since Y/N unlocked Blake's and Yang's power. They had been quiet about the whole situation since, Yang or Blake not seemingly bringing it up. Jaune and Pyrrha had returned to train and be with their friends after meeting with their families and staying with them for a few weeks. Weiss still hadn't returned, but luckily for her, and the teams, her father was too busy with work that she would be returning within the week back to Vale, where she could stay where she wanted before the new year started up. The teams had spent day after day training with Y/N, all staying in the Bunker. Team JNPR all had their magic unlocked, and it was revealed that during what was now being called the 'The Assault on Vale', Pyrrha had successfully merged her soul with the previous fall maiden's soul. Sadly, she didn't maintain any of the powers. The White Fang had been quiet ever since the assault, many of their highest ranking members were either killed or captured, and the leader of the Vale Detachment, Adam Taurus, was captured and put into Valerian prison.

Y/N was eating breakfast with the two teams, minus Weiss, and Blake and Yang kept giving him side glances, while Ruby kept looking at him, blushing, and looking away. Y/N, of course, didn't notice any of this, and was listening to the conversation at hand.