N I N E

Don't tell me he was going to say, what he was going to say?

No, I'm just hallucinating. I shrug and step out of the restroom, still a little bewildered by what just happened.

I was hiding in a toilet stall with João? Something our younger selves would do to avoid trouble. I smile at the image in my head and walk to the car park.

Memories flood in, for example when a drunk João once got stuck in a swing meant for children. I laughed for half an hour before helping him out. That night was hilarious and makes me laugh again. He was so stupid.

But that aside, tomorrow I will know whether I'll be hired for work or not. I better get that job so my mother will stop complaining. I love her, but sometimes she interferes in my life a bit too much, but I think she just wants the best for me, so I don't blame her.

I walk down the hall on my way to Uncle John's second car that I can use from now on (he kindly allowed me to do so after I made him bribery pancakes, of course).

After getting lost in this huge building, I finally found the car park and got in the car after 15 minutes of walking around, acting like a fool and pretending to buy water from a vending machine so it'd look like I was doing something and not being completely lost. Fake it till you make and look I made it!

But before I can start the car, my phone flashes with a deluge of incoming messages. Maybe they've already sent me the results?

Wait

What the fuck is this

The dream scheme team and Feisty 🙄🔥

Enzo

Okay, before you get mad. I told Ben your history and plan with João bcs I know he'd accidentally reveal your cover

Also we're taking a break from training now, before you get pissed and think I'm sending you a message during work

Ben

Rude Enzo, but possibly true. And, yeah didn't know you were on bad/ strange terms with João, but we're going to help u

Enzo

Yeah and another thing

I take it you didn't tell him?

Louna

Enzo, change the fucking name of the group chat, urgh.

And thanks for spilling the tea to Ben 🙄

Enzo

I'm sorry, but I was honestly doing you a favour. Now answer the question have you told him or not?

Louna

Interrogating me now? I see

But...uh- no? I wanted to, really, I was ready to speak and then

BANG

Your trainer came in so we hid from him and left

Ben

Yeah, we figured as João hadn't said a word about you during training after being found by coach.

Enzo
Well, you should tell him soon bcs (this is where the grouchat name comes in handy) Ben and I, invite you to a party where, yk, you'll meet-