Layer Cake

Haru Okumura was left almost paralysed in embarrassment over her friends' questions.

She had been very surprised at how good looking Ren Amamiya was when being so close to him, as she had never interacted with him before this day; and had hardly seen him around school too on account of being in different year groups. However, she could not deny that she was at least attracted to him physically.

"I-I..." Haru squirmed trying to get out of Makoto, and Y/N's trap. However knowing how they were, she knew they wouldn't let it go so easily - "W-Well, I guess Amamiya-kun is pretty a-attractive..." Timidly cried Haru

Both Y/N and Makoto giggled to themselves, almost as if they were imitating Haru's own signature devilish, teasing laugh.

"Love at first sight Haru? And to think you teased me about that~" Breathed Y/N jovially

"You two are so similar it's unbelievable..." sighed Makoto, leaning her face into her hand

"L-Love!?" Shrieked Haru, "I wouldn't go that far! I admit I think he is good looking... but I do not know him very well at all!"

"It's something at least Haru." Declared Y/N crossing his arms with pride - "You know~ if you calm down teasing Mako and I, I could try and put in a good word for you~"

"Bribery is unbecoming of you (F/N)." Scoffed Makoto playfully

"Thank you for the offer, but if I were to ever pursue a relationship with anybody I would like it to be of my own merits." Proclaimed Haru

"You're too dignified Okumura." Breathed Y/N

"You can't help everyone." Added Makoto, "Well we should probably get going now anyway Haru."

Makoto leaned upwards to kiss her boyfriend on his cheek before giving him her farewells

"I'll text you later (F/N), love you (F/N)!" She called

"Bye-Bye (F/N)!" Waved off Haru

"Be seeing you two later then! I love you too Makoto." Waved Y/N displaying his own signature smile

================================

Makoto Niijima arrived home a while after separating from Haru between trains. As usual as of recently, her sister was not home either which always caused Makoto to feel saddened. It was true the Niijima sisters weren't on the 'best of terms' but they were still sisters, and loved eachother in their own different ways, despite their differences.

After making herself curry for dinner, showering straight after, and changing into her Buchimaru pyjamas for bed; Makoto retrieved her phone from her sofa where she left it earlier, and begun to text a certain red-head.

Makoto: *Hey (F/N), have you settled in okay??*

It wasn't a long wait until the texts recipient responded to the brunette's text.

Y/N: *Yeah thanks, I'm just in bed reading One Piece Mako, you doing okay yourself?*

The speed in which he always tried to respond always made her smile. There was something about how he would drop anything he was doing for her, even if she also felt guilt about it.

Makoto: *I'm doing great myself thank you! I still can't believe Haru-chan has a crush on Amamiya-kun.*

Y/N: *It is pretty amusing, and we can tease her now as well hehehe. I cant exactly blame her though, Ren-Ren is a good looking guy.*

Makoto: *First Yoshizawa-chan, and now Amamiya-kun? Geez how many people do I have to be nervous about with you~*

Y/N: *Very funny Mako, very funny. Though I was thinking, maybe we could actually introduce Haru to the group sometime?*