Realization

Like a thief in the night, the reality we had grown accustomed to was over. And just like that, our world came crumbling down.

The warning signs were everywhere and had been going on since time itself. While some people acknowledged the signs, the greater majority were content with being oblivious, especially when mass casualties were involved. After all, it's easier to just accept whatever ludicrous explanation given by the powers at be than what actually occurred.

Like a mysterious collision, derailing a container of toxic waste in some obscure Midwestern State, contaminating the natural preserves and water supply. No one wants to hear that thousands of people were exposed to some deadly chemical because of a depopulation plot by our own Government.

Or, what about a mysterious explosion, decimating tens of thousands of cattle? Impeccable timing where the elites had monopolized most of the farmland. One in particular owning 269,000 acres across dozens of states in America with the sole purpose of replacing the meat supply with a scientifically engineered, plant based product.

This was not science fiction; it's science fact. Could it happen? It will happen whether the public wants it or not.

Most people were sheep, being forced fed a lie, and these were merely coincidental accidents because who would be so diabolical to inflict such calamity on innocent lives? After all, we're American citizens, belonging to a Christian Nation, right? In God we trust, remember? Says it as clear as the sun, moon, and stars illuminating the skies right smack dab on the dollar bill.

Then, there were those who didn't think these were just random coincidences; they also questioned the dollar bill and those crazy symbolic meanings and the all seeing eye of a pagan god, Horus. Once the rumors spread over the internet, like a lighting bolt, these so-called nut jobs were finally being heard.

Maui, Hawaii, January 15th, 2020.

Kihei was hot. Next to Lahaina, Kihei was quite possibly the driest part of Maui; it felt like a desert, a hot and miserable Hell. Suffice it to say, it sucked whenever I was posted out there and today was no different.

"Hello?" I said, lifting my phone to my ear.

"We have a complaint in Kam III about a woman making lewd acts toward children—check it out please. If you need to get MPD involved, trespass her as well."

"Roger that, on my way."

Usually, it was a pain in the ass to find a decent parking stall in the shade at Kam III or Kama'ole Beach Park III, but I was a County worker, so I knew the best spot to go.

I dialed a number on my phone and hit send.

"Yo, man?" said a voice at the other end.

"Where they got you at today?" I asked.

"West, and you?"

"South—got an RFS from John at Kam III. I just pulled in, now. What's your plans for lunch?"

"I'm eating here, dude—that bitch got me checking tents in Papalauua before heading back to Central."

"That sucks, bro—I'll see you at Kanaha then." I said, pulling the phone from my ear and ending the call.

Obviously, I wasn't in a rush. Our unit received incessant complaints by entitled non-locals, living on the islands for less than a year. When they came to the beach, they'd expect it to be picture perfect, matching this fantasy they'd have of paradise. When it wasn't what they expected, all hell broke loose. Then, we had a major issue between these weekend islanders versus the locals who were actually born and raised here for generations.