Chapter 2

"Jen? Jennifer, where are you?" Cassandra was shouting instead of searching around. She was too tired to search on the massive house.

She saw one of the maids, Bailey. Bailey was a young girl who worked part time in Cassandra's house.

"Bailey,did you see Jennifer?". Cassandra asked getting her attention.

"Jennifer left about five minutes ago,she had to meet someone." Bailey informed.

"She must have left, I better call her on phone."Cassandra picked up her phone and started searching for Jen's number. She rang it and Jennifer answered quickly with a "hey".

"Hey Jen where are you?We should meet as fast as possible. I found a big revelation ."Cassandra said hurriedly.

"Ok Cassie,calm down, what do you want to talk about?"

"I can't tell you on the phone,we should meet."

"Cassie look, I can't meet you right now... I'm at my boyfriend's... house."Jen dragged away with a bit of insecurity in her voice.

Cassandra's eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh really," Cassandra said annoyed. She didn't want to sound rude or mean to Jennifer,but as someone who hated relationships,this was ridiculous for her,"just... nevermind."

"Cassie you can tell me on the phone,you know that."

"No, nevermind, it's not that important, I'm hanging up. See you."

"Ok then,see you too."
Cassandra hung up the phone and sat down thinking.

"Maybe I should not tell her. Will she even believe me? That's my burden, not her'," She thought.

"I need to find mom, but first I need to find this woman mentioned in the letter. But how? In such a big country and city...but I know that I need to get there first."

And that was all the was saying to herself. Later she decided she was going to fly to Oakland tomorrow. A very quick decision that she didn't even know how it will go.

She didn't had anyone to know in Oakland. And she couldn't persuade Jennifer to go with her.Why would she get Jennifer in all this?

However she had no one else to tell about it and to accompany her. Yeah she had maids in her house but they probably weren't going to help of course. So she decided to go there alone.

She got up and went to the bathroom to take a shower and then went to sleep with the thrill of tomorrow.

***

Is was 7am when Cassandra woke up. Well to be honest, she didn't really sleep, she couldn't. The fact that her mother was alive couldn't make her sleep.

She quickly packed some of her clothes and personal things. It wasn't to much. It just took a bag.

Sure, Cassandra had a lot of clothes but she didn't need them now.

She grabbed the big bag and went downstairs to the kitchen.

"Good morning Cassie, are you traveling somewhere?" Bailey asked confused when she saw the bag. Bailey and Cassandra had a sort of friendship so they referred to each other's names.

"I'll fly somewhere."

"Oh, would you mind me asking where are you going?"

"I'm going to Oakland."

"Is Jennifer coming with you?"

"No, I'm going alone, why?" Cassandra asked.

"You know Cassie, it's dangerous to go there alone," Bailey said worried.