Chapter 6

In her face, irritation and frustration was evident. Cassandra didn't know what to do, a little part of her thought that maybe Bella had nothing to do with all that, but her suspicions were still there. Everything about her was mysterious and odd.

After she thought for a while, she knew that she had to act, she couldn't waste and lose time anymore. She had to get inside that building, to search for anything odd and obscure.

Turning back to the hostel, Cassandra stayed there and waited for the right time to come. She decided to sneakily enter the building at night, and find any suspicious thing. One thing was for sure, that plan meant trouble but Cassandra didn't care.

She was willing to take the risk.

Cassandra wore an oversized black hoodie and a jacket on it. She put her hair into a low ponytail and we're her ankle boots. She put necessary stuff on her satchel, including a small bottle of a gas vial. She didn't really think about it but got it just in case. And in her pocket, she placed her pocket knife, just in case.

With her phone in her hand, she left the hostel. Dusk was approaching and it seemed the right time because she didn't want to go in the forest at night.

She made her way there, the forest was quiet and calm, only the sounds of crickets and frogs filling the air. The temperatures were warm but still, that part of her that was anxious, sent chills down her spine.

Cassandra hid into the woods and waited until the night obscured the view. The building was illuminated, but the fence wasn't. The guards were patrolling everywhere around the building and now, even around the forest.

One of them, ended up noticing her and Cassandra told she was just going home. After a reluctant decision, the guard let her be and told her that the area was prohibited and she'd get in trouble if she kept staying there.

After that, she kept hiding behind the woods, wondering of how she was going to trespass. There was no other way, that building was clearly hiding something, not just 'cosmetic products'. It was obvious. The guards were even guarding the forest. Why so strict?

"What are they hiding there?" Cassandra muttered at herself.

Each corner of the building was guarded but Cassandra's determination was unwavered. She knew she had to do this.

Ever so quietly, she thought to go up the hill using another way. The hill had dense trees and bushes covering its sides, so she could use it to her advantage. The darkness was palpable, the moon disappeared behind the clouds and the only problem was that the guards on the forest had flashlights on. So, if they would ever spot her, it would be a problem

She tried not to make a sound by stepping on the crackling leaves. While merging with the trees, she tried to come closer to the fence and climb across, of course, trying to find a spot where the guards weren't patrolling. But they were literally everywhere.

She knew she had to do something. Maybe distract them. Yes, she'd do that.

Glancing down at the ground, there were so many rocks and small branches scattered about. She picked up a few rocks and aimed to shoot at some bushes near the guards standing on the gate. As soon as she threw them, the guards grew extremely alert.

"What was that?" one of the guards said, shining his flashlight in the direction of the noise.

"I don't know man," the other answered. "Probably some animal or something."

Cassandra continued to throw rocks, catching the attention of the other guards as well.

"Shit, there's something moving in the bushes," another guard exclaimed, moving away from the fence.