Chapter 12 - Biting bullets

" Kate ! ", Scott shouts , as he runs into the bathroom. He looks horrified , watching the blood running down my mouth. " What ? What... did I do ? ", I ask him , as I stare into the toilet. " It's ok... it's ok... Everything will be fine. Since you're a werewolf , this is totally normal. " I give Scott a confused look and shout , " HOW IS THIS NORMAL ?! I KILLED AND ATE SO MANY PEOPLE !!! DID YOU SEE WHAT IS IN THE TOILET ?! " Scott exhales deeply and responds , " Yes, I did. It's deeply disturbing , but we got bigger things to worry about... "

" How could you not tell me, that my mouth was covered in so much of blood ? Everything that I did , happened in a blur ! I justify killing Todd, but I shouldn't have massacred the prison guards... " I go to the sink and open my mouth , wide. The entire inside of my mouth , including my teeth , is covered in blood !!! " HOW WERE YOU ABLE TO MAKEOUT WITH ME IN THE AMBULANCE VAN ?! " , I ask Scott. " I didn't focus on the taste of your mouth , because I only focused on you. I didn't care about the blood and human remnants in your mouth , because the only thing that mattered more to me , was being with you..." , Scott says , in his usual kind , but honest manner.

I pull Scott towards me and I hug him , tightly. My hands wrap around his neck and my face is pressed against the soft skin of his muscular , bare chest... Thinking back to , that makeout session in the ambulance van , I realize how soft his skin is... I caress the back of his neck and upper back. I pull my hands , onto his muscular shoulders and when I look at his shoulders , I see some blood on him... I point at his shoulders and I notice that my hands are painted in blood ! The blood on my hands is a combination of liquid and dried blood ...

" I'm...a monster . ", I say. I can feel tears streaming down my face, as I cry. I can hear the echoes of my cries and I can feel Scott , wrapping me in his arms. He rubs my back and tells me , in a soothing voice , " Everything will be ok... " I pull away from Scott , quickly . " NO !!! IT WON'T ! I AM A FUCKING MONSTER AND NOTHING WILL CHANGE THAT !!! EVERYTHING WILL NOT BE OK !!! " , I scream at Scott. Scott leaves the bathroom, dejectedly. I am filled with anger, guilt and sadness...

I go to the sink and I start washing my mouth out , with water from the tap. I open the cabinet above the sink. I find 5 toothbrushes and 5 tubes of toothpaste. I take out a toothbrush and a tube of toothpaste. I close the cabinet door and I look at the mirror on the cabinet door. Staring at my reflection in the mirror, I notice how messy my hair is, covered in blood , dust, dirt and it looks extremely oily ! Having oily hair is a girl's worst nightmare !!! I turn my attention to my face. My face is stained with dried blood and it also looks greasy !

I look at the toothbrush in my right hand and the tube of toothpaste in the other. I open the tube of toothpaste. I open the tap and I give the toothbrush a quick rinse. I close the tap . I put toothpaste on the toothbrush and I start brushing my teeth. I look at the mirror , while brushing my teeth. As I spit out toothpaste into the sink , I see the remnants of blood and human remnants , going down the sink. After 3 minutes, I finished brushing my teeth. I look at the mirror and I admire how clean and human-like , my teeth look .

After seeing the disgusting state of my body, I take off all my clothes and I jump in the shower. As soon as I turn the shower tap on , I enjoy the feeling of hot water on my skin. I start washing my body with a bar of soap, that was left on the shower tap . I also use a big bottle of shampoo on the shower floor. I wash my hair thoroughly for at least 10 minutes. I let the water rinse me from head to toe , for 10 more minutes and I exit the shower. I pick up a towel hanging on the outside of the shower door and I wrap it around my body. I take another towel hanging on the shower door and I start drying my hair with it. I dry my body with the towel that I wrapped around my body and I put my clothes back on. I leave the towels that I used , to dry in the bathtub.