it was all a lie.. ~ chapter 39~

we walk down the street, cobbled stones beneath our feet. there's a breeze, not cold enough for a jacket, but cold enough to give you goose bumps. there are a few people looking at us as we all walk towards the large building, not a word is spoken between us, the only noise is the slight whistle of the wind as it blows in between trees and other buildings.

"its not changed much since i was last here E, anything new that we should see while were here?" i ask to clear the silence around us.

"nothing new has been built really, i mean there's been new things added to the museum , but that's about it." he replies shrugging his shoulders.

" we could check that out after i sort this out, it shouldn't be long anyways." i say as we walk into the building where Ashton and Harley are.

~~~

turns out the fight was over something stupid, teenage boys find anything to fight about i swear to Thor. it was sorted within five minutes, now we have longer to spend in the museum. the feeling of hunger rumbles my empty stomach, my dumbass hasnt even eaten today. i look at my watch, 13:42, that would be why im so hungry. who the fuck trains then doesn't even eat after? now im facing the consequences of my stupid actions.

we spend around twenty minutes looking around the new exhibits in the museum, Katie stayed with her brother so now its just me, Bucky and Elric, which i dont mind at all, theyre both like my big brothers. my stomach makes a rumble noise again but louder this time and both of them look at me. i swear i want to get swallowed up by a hole right now.

"maybe we should get some lunch." i suggest as a small laugh falls out of mouth. " does Aunt Linda still do those double cheese burgers?" i ask as i look at Elric.

"you bet she does, everyone loves Aunt Linda's burgers." he laughs as we leave the museum.

we all make our way to Aunt Linda's restaurant, the walk isn't that long from the museum so we get there within 10 minutes. we walk into the rustic looking restaurant and take a seat at one, of many, tables. the lunch rush must just be coming down, there's loads of people finishing up eating as we get served.

~~~

we put all our rubbish in the trash cans after saying bye to aunt Linda, promising her another visit soon. i look at the clock that sits above the doors and realise that we've been gone for longer than intended. i really don't want to get into the Avenger's s bad books more than i already am so we start heading back.

we walk up to the colourless tower, step through the doors and into an elevator. i think it'll be better if we come back in the same place as we left so we walk into the living room.

purple mist expels from my hands as we continue our conversation, a portal appearing in the far side of the room. we all walk through, not breaking our discussion until we were fully through. colours blinds us, Elric turns back into his dark silhouette and Bucky's eyes start  going back to their original state. 

"where the hell have you two been!" Tony shouts, shocking us, my smile fading. we look around and see Natasha, Clint and Thor all with their weapons in their hands. "i knew we should've trusted a Hydra agent! they never have any consideration, they think they can do whatever they want without any consequences. how are we to know that you didn't go there to plan an attack or go back to Hydra and tell them how to infiltrate the tower?!" he rants walking around.

tears start to well in my eyes but i don't let them fall, i can't let him know he got to me, i've got to seem strong and fearless. "Tony she's just a kid, we lost track of time." Bucky tries to explain but Tony won't listen. "just a kid? Buck she has one of the highest clearances in Hydra, do you really think she'd just leave, she had everything. she had money, a place to stay, food. she had everything! why do you think she came here? it's all a cover up, her whole story was a lie!" Tony screams.

"i didn't have everything." i whisper, suddenly losing my voice. everyone looks at me, a few tears fall down my face as thunder booms outside and it starts to rain, why does that always happen. "i never had a proper family." i get out before i teleport myself to 'my' room.

it's obvious that i'm not welcome here anymore. i'm not welcome anywhere. i open up my closet and throw on a jacket. i grab my bag and put some dry and warm clothes into it, trying not to make it too heavy. i wrap up the framed picture of my mom in one of my sweaters and put it in on top of the clothes. i find my wallet and shove that in as well, i'm gonna need to buy food at some point.

a little meow breaks me out of my trance, Timmy i forgot about him. i walk over and sit beside him in the bed. "we have to get out of here," i start and stroke his head, which turns as i speak. " it's not safe here anymore." i say and wipe my cheek. he purrs and rubs his head into my arm. i laugh a little as i pick him up. " y'know, sometimes i feel like you can understand what i'm saying." he stops purring and just looks at me and it's almost like he's shocked. "which is obviously crazy!" i say shaking my head, not fully believing myself, as he begins to purr again.

i sling my bag onto my shoulders, Timmy held tightly in my arms. i open the doors to the balcony and look down. "you trust me right?" i say down to the cat. he meows at me then looks down at the very big drop. i take one last look of the room then turn to face outside again and with one last sigh, i let myself free fall down.

AN: ik i keep saying this but im really sorry about the wait. i've had to revise for my exams and they started earlier this week so i've just been stressed with that. i will try and update soon tho.

bye bye 🌻