WITH YOU TILL THE END- 10

"Thank you everyone for joining me in this meeting on our wonderful hotel project." Scarlett greeted everyone  present in the meeting hall. Markus gave her a subtle nod and she turned her attention to Amelia, and two other men- who she recognised by the name of Carter and Henry.

Currently, they were all seated in a meeting hall, discussing the details of the project once before the actual meeting could take place.

"We have prepared a detailed report about the hotel constriction including the estimated costs, construction materials and very importantly the design, which you can already see in the model kept infront of you." She pointed at a modelled version of the hotel. To say it was beautiful would be an understatement, it was spectacular.

It didn't seem like a hotel but like a mini green city on a secluded island. It was a tropical paradise, where one could come away from the hustle and bustle of the city and relax. Luxurious hut shaped lodges with private decks encircled the entire front of the island. Multiple cross paths led to restaurant, spa, marketplace for local handicrafts and other premium products. It was certainly a heaven for nature enthusiasts and also for thrill- seekers, as one could enjoy numerous sea sports there such as scuba diving, para sailing, jet skiing, kite boarding, wind surging and many more. Moreover, a sizable part of the island was also converted into a golf course.

"The model looks amazing. Nevertheless, constructing such a big project on an island is itself a tedious task. How are you planning to overcome the issue of sustaining it ? There are a lot of concerns regarding energy efficiency. We wouldn't  want to pollute the surrounding there. Would we ?" Henry questioned.

"Exactly." Amelia added.

"Well, environment friendliness is our top priority. It's not just important to attract more and more tourist but will also ensure long term sustainability. Therefore, everything  will be powered by harnessing the potentials of renewable energy, particularly solar and tidal energy."

"Moreover, materials used would also be eco-friendly."

"Sounds good." Carter voiced.

They were in the middle of the meeting when the Markus' phone, which was kept on the table vibrated. He flipped the phone to check the caller ID, that said, "Bro."

"You guys carry on. I'll  be back in a moment." He said to them, he looked at Scarlett, who simply nodded. "Carry on." He said and exited the room.

"Yeah, bro." He asked Sam, picking up his call.

"Didn't  mean to disturb you in the meeting, but come to my office asap."

"But what happened ?"

"Come and we'll talk." Sam replied and hung up the call. Markus sighed, he turned to have a look at Scarlett, discussing the presentation. He sighed and strode off.

Scarlett turned her face to have a glimpse of him, only to find him gone.  Confusions as well as curiosity clouded her mind as she was unable to comprehend what could have been so important that he left the meeting in between. However, she carried out the meeting as told.

___________________________________________

"What happened ?" Markus asked as soon as he entered Sam's office. His eyes scanned the room to find Sam busy on a phone call while Chloe was slumped on the sofa with her eyes glued to the T.V.

As he took notice of their faces, they both appeared worried.

"Markus." Chloe called as she walked towards him and embraced him in her arms. He returned her hug and asked, "What has happened ? Why do you guys look so worried ?"