Chapter 2: Making New Friends & Rival

"So that is how Chie Poketto and her best friend Haru Sakamoto founded the Hidden Forest Village," Azami-sensei said." As well as how Haru Sakamoto had become the first Morikage of the village," She explained.

Akimistu nodded his head, listening closely as he took down the notes.

"Alright, everyone, next up for today was going some math, and then it is time for lunch," Azami-sensei said, closing the history book and grabbing a stack of papers."I want you all to complete this assignment so I know what you all already know in math, " She said, walking forward and handing out the papers to everyone.

Akimitsu looked at the paper before him as his partner Cyndaquil chilled on his shoulder.

"Alright, let's show your sensei how smart you are. I see problem one calculates the trajectory of a kunai to hit the target in the picture," Cyndaquil said.

Akimitsu nodded as he started working on solving the first problem on the worksheet. He and the rest of the class were assigned.

"Now soon as everyone is finished, bring up your assignment and place it on the desk," Azami-sensei said, walking back toward the front of the classroom after heading in the back row their assignment.

'Cyndaquil, right? These problems aren't too complex. I know many answers from studying with Big Brother; I was always told I was smart for my age.' Akimitsu thought, writing the answers.

As he was solving the problems, he didn't notice the green-haired boy beside him glancing at him, smirking as he was also solving the problems.

"Hey, it seems you have what you humans call a rival. That boy next to you keeps glancing at least as he solves each problem."

Akimitsu looked over to see what Cyndaquil meant and saw that the boy he recalled being introduced as, Daisuke, was Nakamura smirking at him after answering the following question.

"Alright, challenges accepted, but I will finish first," Akimitsu said, smiling.

"We see about that," Daisuke replied with another smirk.

The two then nodded at each other as they both started answering the remaining question and glancing at each other to see who answered them first.

"You are both going at a close pace. This boy is also pretty sharp for his age, but you have him best by a few minutes on the problems. Just one more to go."

Akimitsu nodded as he answered the last problem and stood up, and placed it on the desk.

"Impressive, already done with the assignment. Well, take a seat until the bell goes for lunch," Azami-sensei said, looking at the assignment.

Akimitsu nodded and walked back to his seat, and lay his head down, taking a short nap.

~~~~~~~

He then opened his eyes to see a dark purple shadow and glowing red eyes staring back at him.

"Ah, who are you?" Akimitsu asked, confused.

"Young child, seven years ago, I was put inside you, and you never knew. Your kind is disgraced!"

"What do you mean? No, who are you?"

"You will soon find, and sooner or later, I will be free from this childish prison!"

The shadow faded, and the next moment, Akimitsu opened his eyes, breathing heavily from the strange dream.

"Hey, everything okay? Your breathing heavily?"

Akimistu nodded as he slowed his breathing, calming down from the dream. Soln as he did, he noticed a young girl with dark with, straight neck-length purple hair, with petite bangs touching her face. She wore a red and white jacket over a pink kimono shirt and light blue shorts.

"Hi there, I saw you answering the questions on the assignment so fast and thought maybe we could be friends," She said.

Akimitsu looked at her and smiled, with Cyndaquil sniffing her hand

"Sure, I'm Akimitsu Poketto."

"I'm Akira Sakamoto, and I have another friend over so--"

"He over here," A voice said.

They turned and saw a boy with short blue hair sitting on a desk behind him with his legs over each other.

"Hey?" He said, jumping off the desk."The name is Kenji Kanami."

"Isn't that clan full of rich and well-known scientists," Aikmitsu asked.

"Yeah, well, come on, it's time for lunch," He said.

Akimitsu, Kenji, and Akira then followed Azami-sensei outside the school to a nice-looking picnic area as they enjoyed their lunch and got to play for a bit of a while until it was time to head on back inside.

The rest of the class day was spent with Azami-sensei going over the different chakra natures and Kekkei Genkai until school was over.

~~~~~

Akimitsu was now walking out of the school with Cyndaquil on his shoulder to be greeted by A sixteenth-year-old Musshai with long magenta hair down her back. On her shoulder was a Meowth.

"Big sister Mussahi," He greeted, hugging his big bother girlfriend.

"Hey there, good to see you as well," She said, smiling."Your father has a can meet, and your mother is working at the hospital, so I offered to pick you up."

"Awesome, and you brought the Meowth you saved last year on your mission," He said, looking at the Meowth.

"Hey kid, I ain't no ordinary Meowth," Meowth said, glaring at Akimitsu.

"Yeah, you're a talk too much, Meowth," Mussahi commented, rolling her eyes.

"She got that right."

Akimitsu chuckled."You and Cyndaquil agree on that big sister."

"We do your Cyndaquil is smart. How about we get some ice cream on the way home to the clan compound, as you tell me all about today?"

"That sounds great."

As Akimitsu walked home, telling her about his new rival and friends and everything he learned in today's class, with Meowth and Cyndaquil relaxing on their human companions' shoulders.

Chapter end!

Here we go; Akimitsu and Cyndaquil completed their first day at the Ninja Academy with a history lesson, math, and learning about Charka natures. He also made a rival and two new friends. In the next chapter, he will continue to learn at the Academy until a timeskip to graduation.

I hope you enjoy the chapter. Let me know what you think about the story in the comments.

Thanks for reading!

Wc: 1039