A non-existent Trial

I woke with weak stomach and my head spinning

I woke with weak stomach and my head spinning. Today would be Cersei's fate. When I entered her chambers she was already fully dressed, apparently ready for the trial. Her belly was so big nowadays.

„I will testify in your favor", I told her sincerely.
„You're not going anywhere to testify about anything, little pup. Nor will Tommen. In fact none of us will visit the sept today. Come take the air with me on the balcony", she replied, seemingly unconcerned. I was even more confused. If she simply refused to go, the punishment would be unimaginable.

„I wish I could have some wine", Cersei complained, stepping out into the air.
„Pycelle should be dead by now", she mentioned, as if it were nothing important.
„He what?"
„Qyburn's little birds should have done the job by now."
„You arranged for the Grand Maester to be killed?", I asked incredulously. I didn't like him, but I didn't understand why he needed to be killed.

„I don't need a man who isn't loyal to me. Besides, Qyburn is a far better Grand Maester, wouldn't you agree?"
Cersei just kept staring intently at the sept. As if she was waiting for something to happen. And then, suddenly, the sept exploded, green flames errupting from its insides. What was going on? The sept collapsed, the green flames filling the streets of King's Landing. I looked to Cersei, a satisfied expression was gracing her face. This was her way out of the trial. Murdering the faith and all the people in the streets.

„Wildfire", Cersei said.
„Those are hundreds of innocent people killed", I exclaimed.
„Innocent? They jeered at me in the streets, those peasants. The good people of the city", she mocked the High Sparrow. I couldn't contradict, she was right.
„And now the faith is gone. This is the start of the new world. All the books and scripts burnt. Allthough it is a pity that Olenna Tyrell left. Otherwise House Tyrell wouldn't exist anymore."

I gasped. Of course, Margaery, Loras and Mace had been in there. They were all dead, all gone. This was all too much for me. I went from being scared for Cersei to being horrified by her doing.
„Now that that's out of the way, I need to speak to Septa Unella. I have a few words to say to her, before I give her to Ser Gregor. I'm sure he'll enjoy her", she said, while gently rubbing her belly.

I was so glad I had never been her enemy. The stories about her had been true in that respect. She was heartless when it came to dealing with them.

A handmaiden entered.
„Qyburn requests to see Her Grace immediately."
„Her Grace is not here", I replied. „Can I tell her anything when she returns?"
„Yes. She should report to Qyburn immediately. King Tommen is dead."
„What?! How?!"
„His body was found beneath his window. Lady Stark", the handmaiden said and left.
I sat there in shock. Tommen was dead. Cersei's last born child. Of course she still had one, but he was gone. I expected her to be devastated.

„Cersei, I am so sorry. Tommen, he-"
Dread filled her face. I hugged her tightly. "He's laying with Qyburn. You should go and see him. He wants to speak to you."
When I released Cersei from my embrace, I could see the sadness in her eyes, but she wasn't crying. Her facial features seemed to be frozen.
„It's okay to be sad", I told her, worried that she was suppressing the emotions.
„I feel numb", was all Cersei said before leaving me.

But this would make her Queen of the Seven Kingdoms now surely? Every other heir to the throne was dead. I walked to my chambers and poured myself some wine. I felt like drinking myself into a long and dreamless sleep after all that had happened. When I was onto my third cup, someone opened the door.
„The Queen's coronation will begin shortly."
So I had guessed right. Cersei would be Queen now. Wasn't that something she had hoped to accomplish her entire life? Wasn't that what she had married Robert for? And now, she would sit upon that wretched throne and rule. And yet, the circumstances to which she owed the acquisition couldn't be more grave and more hurtful. She would build the world she had promised me. A better world for us and the baby.

I stood right at the front this time. Cersei walked along the isle and up the steps. Her face seemed to be made of stone. She looked at me briefly, then returned to staring straight ahead.

„I now proclaim Cersei of the House Lannister, first of her name, Queen of the Andals and the first men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms", Qyburn spoke, taking the crown and placing it on Cersei's head. My love was the Queen now. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jaime. So he was back from his mission. But I quickly turned my attention back to Cersei. She sat down on the Iron Throne, her long fingers tensely gripping the armrests. I couldn't have been more proud of her. After all that she had endured, she truly deserved this.
„Long may she reign", Qyburn called.
„Long may she reign", everyone repeated.

Sorry for the long break guys, I just sometimes get really nervous about posting. Here you go, first chapter of the new year. Enjoy 😊

Contains content and dialogues from Game of Thrones season 6 episode 10