CHAPTER 6: Reunions

ALABASTA EAGLE
The News that Crosses Deserts

[Excerpt] Opinion Section
WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

...It has been exactly two years since the infamous Rookie crew, the Straw Hat Pirates, disappeared from the news after over half-a-year of consistently dominating it.

Some say they died in Sabaody, some say if the captain survived while the rest had perished, while fewer think they're just bidding their time.

In any case, the world—especially this country—will take a while to forget about them, if we ever can.

...

CHAPTER 6: Reunions

On the outskirts of Rusukaina

"We're almost there." Marigold uttered, eyeing the abandoned island that had just entered their sights, soon turning his head to his fellow Gorgon—his older brother, also known as The Emperor. The raven-haired man was staring at the island with his characteristic unreadable eyes, a hand passively resting on Salome's large form.

The orange-head observed his brother carefully. Lately the emperor had been much like his old self—cold, distant, guarded—even when he was significantly kinder than before. But now, they were so close to Luffy again, over a year later, and he couldn't be any happier for his brother.

The Emperor's hair had grown considerably the past two years—from shiny ebony with length not extending his collar bone, to full length hair extending to his waist. He was wearing his favorite vermillion button-less robe, ornated by the green symbol of the Kuja tribe, its form fitting design to show-off his well-built form. On his shoulders hung a white cape with golden epaulette, and his ears adorned by golden snake-shaped earrings.

It was one of his best attires, Marigold knew, and it was without a doubt because he was seeing Luffy-chan again after so long.

"I'm impressed that aniue actually lasted that long." Sanderson, the youngest, grinned as he whispered to him. They were admiring their eldest's calm and cool demeanor, a mixture of relief etched on their smiles. "I can still remember him having withdrawals."

An unusual image of the Snake Emperor rolling around in bed, unable to sleep, hands on his head, with perpetual cursing of a certain Dark Knight passed by their heads and they find both pity and amusement inside them.

They wordlessly observed the Emperor together after that, though this time with warmth dominating amusement. Ever since he was hardened by his experiences as a slave—force fed devil fruits for entertainment, having to care for two younger siblings as a mere ten-year-old—they never would've thought he'd fall for the infamous love sickness. They had watched it all: From Hancock's hatred towards the intruder—especially for seeing his mark and being immune to his charms—to Luffy's breaking of his defenses... to his surrendering to the wave of emotions that accompanied it.

"At least we know he can be attracted to others," He said. "We thought he'd remain celibate forever!"

"And that means we have to, as well."

The brothers grinned, before one looked away with a introspective shrug. "But still..." Sanderson noted, facing the eldest gorgon. "He seems calm now." He paused, narrowing his eyes worriedly. "Perhaps he has moved on?"

It was then that they here a new person approaching them, staff hitting the wooden floor as he walked. It was Glorio, and—for some reason—he was nodding at his statement. "That will also be good. As emperor he should be getting himself a harem by now, and you—his brothers—should as well. Luffy-san is definitely not one to settle."