I'll Take You There [Part 3]

Warren: When I heard what Karen said I understood why she'd been so worried. 

Missy: I don't remember much after that. Warren seemed... off. Camila comforted me. I didn't speak to Karen until the next day. They became The Six that night but I don't even remember the conversation. 

Billy: Was that a joke? Did she really say that? She was more opinionated than ever that night. She had a lot say considering she wasn't even a part of the band. 

✿✿✿

The mood at the diner was, not great. Not good even. Camila and Eddie recounted the conversations with multiple producers and it was starting to seem like nobody wanted them. Even Warren was starting to worry, suggesting that maybe they shouldn't have  tried, they should have just stayed home with their moms. 

"No one said it was going to be easy." Camila reminded them.

"And while we're talking about, stuff, how come I'm the only one with out a bed in the house?  And I have to share." Warren questioned.

Missy looked over at Warren and whispered, "Is it really that bad having to share with me."

"Well you could have taken Karen's room." Billy replied.

"No, I couldn't have. That room is haunted." Warren stated and Missy agreed. Then the whole haunted or not haunted argument started up again.

"Hey," Eddie cut in, "I'm the one eating pocket toast, so..."

Missy thought of the most controversial question she could ask, and looking at Billy with pure disgust while he poured liquor into his cup, asked it, "Why are you guys still called the Dunne Brothers?"

Karen chimed in to back her up, "Yeah, three out of the five of us aren't Dunnes, and last time I checked, I'm nobody's brother."

Billy became defensive, but everyone else agreed. "I personally think that's a great idea." Eddie told him. But apparently, 'that's how people knew them'. Who? After a few dumb suggestions from the other boys in the band Billy decided, "The six of us will never agree on a name anyway."

"How about The Six." Missy suggested. Karen nodded, Eddie and Graham looked to Billy for an answer. "Nice!" Warren looked at Missy holding his hand up for high five which she happily reciprocated. 

And that was that. The Six.

Two days later, with smiles plastered on their faces, Billy and Graham entered the house, clearly with something to tell. They met Teddy Price! At a gas station in the middle of the night? Weird but it worked. 

As soon as he'd told the band the news, Billy began stressing. He was never happy with the group's work, always pointing out their flaws, but never his own. Missy and warren heard him practicing late at night while they were trying to get to sleep. "Does he ever stop?"

Warren chuckled at the girls impatience, "No, and I don't think he ever will." He turned to see the girl walking up the stair as quietly as she could, "What are you doing?", he asked her, but she only replied by shushing him. After maybe three minute she came back down with a pair of boots and a business card. She emptied bags of pills onto the coffee table and crushed the ones with smiley faces into a fine powder. She drew the lines and passed the boy beside her a rolled note. "He's gonna keep us up just as much as this will." He accepted her whispered invitation and felt the drug rush through his body. It felt good so he took another bump and passed her the cash. 

Before they knew it, Warren and Missy were giggling, all bubbly and giddy. Ecstasy was a very influential drug, almost forcing the two together. Forcing her lips onto his, and his hands around her waist. Forcing her hands to tug on his shirt, and the waistline of his boxers. Forcing them off and forcing her's off too. Then forcing the moans to bleed out of her mouth, which was pressed against Warren's neck. Missy was nowhere near the finish line, but it forced her to keep trying. 

But then, with the flick of switch, Eddie forced the two into embarrassment. "Oh for fucks sake! Get a room. Literally!" he cried, switching the lights back off as quickly as possible. 

"Eddie," called the naked girl, "Don't tell Karen-"

"Don't tell me what?" an aggravated voice questioned from the top of the stairs. 

Karen: I should have listened to her when she told me not to turn the light on. I'd seen her naked body since she was a baby, but Warren? I don't know if i'll ever be able to unsee that.

Eddie: I tried to warn her. 

Missy: The next morning was awkward to say the least. But it wasn't weird with Warren and me. No, it was never weird between us. 

Soon, enough the drummer and the model were becoming a 'thing' of some sort. Not labeled, not a relationship. They weren't attached to each other by the hip and shoulder like some people, but they never missed an opportunity when they were alone. And it wasn't always sex. They made out, they got high, they listened to old records, but mostly they talked about stuff. And 'stuff' was anything there was to talk about. 

Missy liked him a lot. And Karen saw it. She saw that her sister was feeling real emotions for the first time since... 

Karen: Since Joel I guess. I mean I don't know if she really like him, but she seemed to. And for weeks she talked about him, until she slowly forgot about him.

Missy: I never forgot about Joel.

The van was filled with nerves as they took the last turn. They were playing for Teddy Price tonight, but they were so prepared. And while they weren't sure how things would go, they knocked his fucking socks off! When Teddy left the room, Missy jumped into Warren's arms, knowing this was only the beginning of their journey to a deal. Teddy put The Six through the wringer for the next months. But they grew together and Missy was there almost every night. 

Word count: 1013

Shorter chapter, but really just a starting point for Warren and Missy's relationship.