30. New kings

Two years later,  the twins stood together before their newly built thrones waiting for their coronation to be over with.  The crown wasn't something they would have asked for.  Instead it's a birthright being passed on to the next generation.

"Do you ,Lucien Blackstone, swear before the moon goddess to treat all packs and their members as your own?" Elder Ezekiel asked.

"I do." He answered.

"Do you swear to do your best to serve all packs equally and serve justice swiftly when needed?"

"I do. " Lucien replied again.

"Do you, Lucas Blackstone, swear before the moon goddess to treat all pack and their members as your own?" Ezekiel turned to Lucas.

"I do." Lucas answered.

"Do you swear to do your best to serve all packs equally and serve justice swiftly when needed?" Ezekiel repeated.

"I do." With that answer alcina and Xavier came forward with two freshly forged crown and placed them on the twins heads. Once the crowns were in place the twins stood to face the crowd.  Just like their sixteenth birthday,  every alpha,  Luna, and their daughter was in attendance. The boys had begun getting disheartened about finding their mate. Ever since their birthday two weeks ago they had been actively looking for her with no luck.  Not even a small scent.  They knew they had to find her before they turned twenty five or the elders world choose separate wives for them. 

That idea didn't settle well with the boys.  They believed there was one woman or there for both of them together.  No matter how unconventional out may seem to others.  The boys were identical twins who even shared a wolf so why not a mate as well. As they greeted all the desperate people Lucien quickly became bored.  He could tell his mate wasn't here.

"Hey Lucy." A girl named Bridget said pulling herself up on the dryer.

"My name is Lucien. What do you want?" He snapped taking a drink from his punch.

"Oh don't be that way. I'm just here to help your boredom." She smiled sweetly and played with the collar of his shirt.

"Don't touch me. I'm looking for a mate, not a slut." He said moving her hand.

"Come on. You never know, one night may change your life. Just a little fun." She leaned forward whispering in his ear before nibbling the ear lobe.

"Back off." Lucien growled through gritted teeth.

"I can make it a night you'll never forget." She continued while reaching for his zipper. He grabbed her wrist roughly.

"I said no! That's an order!" He snapped shoving her away. With no choice left but to obey, the girl bowed her head and left.

"Now that's commitment. Haven't even met her yet but you stayed loyal." Lucas said from the opposite doorway.

"No help? Thanks bro." Lucien sneered.

"I wanted to see what you would do. You handled it pretty well." Lucas said coming forward to pat his brothers shoulder before going back to the party.

"We better find her soon or I may just give in next time." Lucien whispered before following his younger brother.