40 - ᴍᴏᴍs ᴍᴀᴅ

。 ゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。Thomas pulled a map from his pocket, spreading it out onto the table in front of us

。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈
Thomas pulled a map from his pocket, spreading it out onto the table in front of us. It was silent for a second before I spotted it. I leant forward placing my finger onto the city.

"There, that's it," I announced "Looks a few hundred miles. Based on the railways everything that Aris told us... that's gotta be where they're headed. That where they're taking Archer, and Minho," I explained

"We take everyone who can fight. Follow the roads where we can. We can make it back within a week," Thomas continued

"A week?" Vince repeated harshly "It took us six months to get here. We got over 100 kids here now. We can just hang out here forever after what we just pulled. You wanna wander off to some random point of the map? You don't even know what's there,"

"I do," Jorge spoke from behind the group "it's been a few years... but I've been there. The Last City. That's what WICKED called it. It was their whole base of operations. If that city is still standing... that's the last place you wanna go, hermano," he was now at the map pointing at the spot "That's the lions den,"

"It's nothing we haven't done before," Thomas debated

"Yeah with months of planning... and reliable information. The elements of surprise... none of which we have now,"

"Vince, we've thought this through-" I began

"The last time we went of half-cocked... I lost everything," he snapped "You remember that?" I looked down slowly "Look I know it's Archer and Minho all right? But you can't ask me to put those kids on the line for two men. I won't do it," the group went quiet before the faint echo of the radios static filled the room. We looked between each other as it grew louder and louder. Voices. I figured out as I listened harder trying to make out what they were saying. "Area A is checked! Scanning B sector now!" I barley made out.

"Shit," I whispered

"Hit the lights," Thomas advices as he began to turn off all the lights in the room, the group copied. Jorge must've found the generator and switched it off, plummeting the small place we were staying in into darkness. The faint sound of propellers filled the air, showing they were searching.

The group stayed in silence for hours, until I found myself very very bored. I don't know how long I had slept on the carriage but it was clearly too long and I can't sleep now. I slowly rummaged through my backpack for a flask of water until a voice made me jump.

"Can't sleep?" She asked

"No, can you?" I asked back

"No," Brenda replied

"Me either," Jorge added

"How are you... Brenda?" I whispered

"I'm fine," she said a smile present in her voice

"I was only asking," I defended drinking some water before sitting back next to Newt. My head resting onto his shoulder.

"Yeah I know, everyone's just asking," she groaned. "What's up with the two of you anyway?" She asked nodding towards me and Newt who she could see in the pale moonlight from the night sky.

"What do you mean?" I spoke quietly unsure of where her question was directed

"Are you two-"

"Yeah. I guess, I don't even know really. Neither of us really know what we're doing,"

"Obviously," Jorge scoffed

"What does Thomas think about it? You now, his friends and his sister?"

"Well I assume he's fine with it, he has been for the last month," I shrugged

"Right, I'm getting to sleep now. I suggest you two do aswell," Jorge explained as the rustle of a jacket changed in the air.

"Goodnight," Brenda said

"Night," I added before shutting my eyes and pulling my knees to my chest for warmth.

***

I was rudely awaken at my shoulders being tugged forward and backward. I immediately assumed WICKED had found us. I took in sharp breaths as my vision adjusted to my still dark surroundings.

"It's fine, everything's fine D, calm down," Newt smiled as he pulled me up

"You little shit, I was panicked," I breathed as I followed him to where ever he was off too. "Where are we going?"

"To make sure your brother doesn't die," he replied as he continued through the small town we were staying in. Dodging sleeping people on the floor.

"Oh, pretty broad category Newt,"

"Well, I know for a fact he's going to want to do to the Last City. He can't go by himself so... earlier today... well yesterday I found this," he switched on a small light revealing a large rusty truck.

"I didn't think you knew how to drive?" I asked slowly walking towards the front seats

"No, I don't. I thought you did?"

"I do," I pulled open the door to the vehicle

"Oh Fry-" he started before I took a gasp as air almost falling back

"Diana it's me," Frypan spoke quickly as my hand latched around my pocket knife

"Oh," I breathed, steadying my breathing "God dammit Frypan, the hell was you doing in there?"

"Waiting for you lovebirds to get here," he explained.

"Don't scare me like that again," I sighed holding my fast up and down chest "You now how to drive?" I asked him slowly

"Nope," he replied as he slid down to the next seat freeing up the drivers. I smiled and hopped in.

"So where is Thomas?" I asked

"We will have to wait," Newt replied as he switched the light off. We sat in darkness for a moment waiting for Thomas to, I guess, surprise him?

"Ouch," I mumbled as I felt a finger stab into my torso

"Sorry," He whispered

"What are you doing?"

"I don't know," he answered a smile in his voice.

"Ouch," I said again feeling a finger again in my torso

"Sorry," he repeated with a quiet laugh his voice.

"Oh my gosh, fry-" I complained through a copied quiet laugh.

"Sh!" Newt echoed from outside. Me and Frypan looked at each other with 'oh no' gazes

"Moms mad," Frypan smiled leaning back

"Shut up," I turned away trying not to laugh. A faint echo of footsteps came through the building, growing closer.

I could make out Thomas on his way to what he thought was an empty truck.

"Where do you think your going?" Newt asked
。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈