Philza

The tower was crudely made. Cobblestone, dirt and wood piled on top of each other to gain height. It seemed familiar in the slightest way.

I shook off the feeling and kept walking. I couldn't help the builder now. Not if they had already used it.

Even if they had used it it blatantly hadn't been their last life as they hadn't shown up to limbo.

So they were fine. So why did it feel so off... so familiar.

The weather shifted quickly after I left the meadow, woods turning think and dark. Then thicker and damp. Then there was snow, as beacon lights appeared in the sky. Then as if an invisible wall had stopped the trees, I hit the property line. A large dark oak fence, with runes and enchantments carved into every inch of the wood. Three different types of magic working in tandem to keep the unwanted out. I would respect that.

For now.

Around the property was a quaint little scene. Technos cabin stood proud. A bridge with a pond underneath connecting it to a cabin that, judging by the magic shrouding it, could only be Philzas. Polar bear and foxes roamed the property as Carl ate in his stable. Dogs sniffed around in large groups. It was a peaceful scene. But something didn't sit right with me. Something was horribly off.

I stuck my hand over the fence and ward line.

Instantly every animal froze, those who's eyes I could see turned red or purple. Some animals shook it off and continued to walk around. Those that couldn't stuck their heads into the air and sniffed. Before turning to me and snapping out of whatever spell was on them.

So the ruins were motion activated before they were able to recognize who passed through them. So why didn't they attack me?

My ghost. That damn ghost must have been hanging around here. I wonder if they know she was dead-

"Skeres?" I spun around looking for who said it. Perched atop the fence, wings bandaged up and green bucket hat in his hand. Phil stood next to me. I quickly looked away. "Are you ok? You've been away for a while?"

"I'm fine, just wanted to visit a few-"

"Keres." It wasn't a question this time. It was a realization.

"What tipped you off?"

"Skeres looked alive." He jumped off the fence, landing on the opposite side of me. "She spoke with life and was happy. And you're... wearing the clothes we buried you in."

"Hmm. So even alive I'm more dead to people than that ghost."

"Now I never said that."

"You don't have to Phil." I leaned against the fence, triggering the wards for a second. "I can see it, there's disappointment in your eyes." I looked at him.

"How are you here?"

"The same way Wil is."

"Techno is going to be-"

"Don't tell him." I watched Phil grow confused.

"What do you mean? He's going to be-"

"I said DONT TELL HIM." The sky grew dark, starting to spin slightly. "Promise me you won't tell him."

"I promise." Phil's eyes glazed over. A dog barked in the distance drawing Philzas attention. I slipped into the tree line. Philza looked around confused. "Skeres?"

I took a step further into the woods. "I'll be back later!" I tried to put a happy tone to my voice.

"Ok. Just stay safe!" He took a step closer to the fence. A dog barked again and he walked off.

This was going to be harder than I thought.

——————
With large consequences, pick one: YES OR NO?

This chapter is being released in honor of one thing: I graduate high school today!!! No more drama no more exams no more school food! COLLEGE DEBT HERE I COME! Also, answer the yes or no question.