3

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯

𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻

Say you'll remember me
Standing in a nice dress
Staring at the sunset, babe
Red lips and rosy cheeks
Say you'll see me again
Even if it's just in your wildest dreams.

Say you'll remember meStanding in a nice dressStaring at the sunset, babeRed lips and rosy cheeksSay you'll see me againEven if it's just in your wildest dreams

Kyiv, 2023

Dear Nathan,

You'll probably be the biggest 'what if' of my life, the American dream of mine I've never thought I had.

Well, a different kind of American dream I had. My initial one was to be a Hollywood star. It still is.

In a crowd of worried ex boyfriends, you, my dear Nathan, was the one who was least affected by his presence. Probably it was the fact that, at that time, we were on the opposite side of world, who knows.

That's why I say you're my biggest 'what if', because we will never know what could have happened if I stayed in the States, or if you could come to Ukraine.

Would we still be together? Just friends? Or would we be throwing venom at each other?

We'll never know and, if I may be completely honest, I'm happy that some questions will be left answered. It's not because of you, it's because I am happy, and hopefully you are too.

Let's start from the very beginning, shall we?

September 2015, I was nineteen and just won an one year scholarship in Los Angeles, to study acting at a major Californian university. I remember being so excited about it, it would have been my first time outside my native country -I bet some people will be surprised by this revelation, but not everyone can afford a holiday abroad every year-; which was enough to make my family stress over me.

It all seemed like a dream. The huge palms, the excessive heat, the ocean breeze; it was all a new world I was discovering, so far from what I knew until then.

I will never fully understand, although, some of your customs or your units of measurement; but it was magical living there. So magical that I felt like a main character, but let's be honest, I've always felt like my whole life should suppose to be my own film.

My college was big, so many people with same dreams as mine, but I somehow managed to stand out and make a name in no time; 'blame' it on the fact that, always wanting to be the centre of attentions. Everyone knew me as 'the dramatic girl with an accent who played Juliet', I still laugh at the memory.