ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛꜱ + ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢꜱ

The following includes important information that readers should know before embarking on their all-expense paid honeymoon across Europe.

Original Content Disclaimer

Every piece of plot referenced before the Spider Bites and Cave Canem timelines belongs to Rick Riordan, with the exception of some details I've chosen to include to fill in some gaps. Most of the characters belong to Rick Riordan, and any lyrics belong to artists credited in the complete playlist.

This is My Shit

Evidently, I have to tell you all that this concept came from the brain of yours truly! I own the plots of Spider Bites and Cave Canem. I also own the original characters "the Marty McFly villain," Cletus the satyr therapist, and a new character named Zebediah. Overall, this is my idea. This is not your idea. If I see eerily similar plots, dialogue, or jokes on your profiles I won't be messing around. Fanfiction is super hairy in terms of legal stuff, but it's still illegal to plagiarize fanfiction, whether that be word-for-word or even if you're just 'changing it up a little so it isn't obvious.' It's obvious. At this point, I'm not even comfortable with people "taking inspiration" from my work, so please don't even ask. The answer is no, you cannot write something inspired by my work. Remember when Amy Schumer stole people's jokes? Don't be Amy Schumer. Don't steal my shit.

Furthermore, if you are reading this on a site other than Wattpad or AO3, I would love to direct you to one of those sites, as you are probably on a website that stole my work and you might be exposed to nasty computer viruses.  

Content Warnings

For the sake of transparency, I'm going to let you know now that while Cave Canem doesn't qualify as mature by Wattpad's standards, this has content that is more mature than what you might be used to reading in Percy Jackson fanfiction. Like Spider Bites, Cave Canem includes alcohol consumption and implied sex, and I somehow managed to include yet another gross medical scene (two, actually). Unlike Spider Bites, Cave Canem includes more innuendos and referenced sex and the usage of hard drugs/substance crossing. I'm not here to glorify illegal drug use. Please don't do drugs. Drugs are dangerous. The stuff you're going to read about here can kill you.

This book also includes referenced grooming/sexual assault of a minor and a character who is actively coming to terms with this. Some characters are dealing with inexplicit mental health disorders. I will be placing warnings before chapters that reference the SA so that more people can enjoy the story, but please don't read this if it's something that could harm you. My other works are much safer, and I (or someone in my comment section, I'm sure) would be happy to point you in the direction of some safer fics. I am not a mental health professional, nor do I claim my depictions to be 100% accurate. If you are struggling, please seek professional help.

As Cave Canem does not include explicit sex, gory violence, or self-harm, it has not been marked mature.

Thank you for bearing with me; I know that this is a lot, but I want everyone to know what they're getting into. Please keep these warnings in mind and make good decisions for yourself. If this isn't content you can healthily consume right now, I completely understand.

Disclaimer Regarding Live-Action Castings

Like many of you, I'm so excited to see Percy Jackson on my television. I think the actors who have been cast are going to do an amazing job, and because they have been hand-picked by Riordan himself, are truly among the best of the best. However, the characters in Cave Canem are not supposed to be related in any way to the actors appearing in Percy Jackson and The Olympians. In fact, Spider Bites was written before any of the castings were announced. Furthermore, the majority of the cast is made up of children, and because this fanfiction includes adult characters and adult topics such as implied sex, substance use, alcohol, etc., my physical descriptions of the characters are based on book descriptions and my own headcanons. This should go without saying, but it's not appropriate to imagine real human children in some of these scenarios. I can't stop you from imagining the live-action cast, obviously, but I'd rather you didn't. Let's not do anything that could make people uncomfortable.

Hopefully, you read all of this. If you didn't, don't complain to me if something upsets you because I probably warned you about it here.