xɪx | ᴀɴɴᴀʙᴇᴛʜ ʜᴀꜱ ᴀɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ (ʜᴇʀ) ʙᴏᴅʏ ᴇxᴘᴇʀɪᴇɴᴄᴇ

If things couldn't get any more confusing, Annabeth is now trapped in her best friend's body, which you'd think would be the worst part of her day, but no. She had to go and piss off Will—who, if she hasn't made it clear already, is the nicest guy in the world—and now she's lying on the bathroom tiling basking in her shortcomings.

She's also trying not to think about the massive bottle of water she just drank in a weak attempt to keep herself from crying because she has to pee so badly right now.

Annabeth thought that finding Will and Nico in the Alps was a total blessing. She wouldn't have been surprised if Will had said, "Oh, we heard you needed help and some god sent us here!" because really, it was an awful lot like divine intervention. Annabeth remembers reading something about deus ex machina in one of her middle school English classes. That's what that was.

And sure, at the time, it was great because she isn't currently being dismembered by an angry centaur mafia, but she is far from winning.

Yes, she was suspicious when Will wasn't really grasping the idea that Annabeth had just recently decided that Percy is not a douche. Percy was actually never a douche, but when you date someone and break up with them, they sort of become one in your eyes.

Anyway, that fight left her shaking, so she tried to unlock her phone to text Will and then realized that she couldn't use face ID because she doesn't have her own face, so she broke into Will's phone because she has his, and is now listening to Red (Taylor's Version) because that's the only album Will has downloaded onto his phone, so Red (Taylor's Version) is going to have to be her temporary support system.

This takes lying on the cold hard ground to a whole new level.

There's a knock on the door, and Annabeth sits up fast enough to make her head spin; it's like she's drunk from crying. "Will?" she calls.

"Uh, Will?" Percy answers from the other side. "I didn't realize you were still here, man. Is Annabeth in there? She was... Well, I'd like to check on her."

Ah, yes, he'd like to check on Annabeth because she's probably not acting like herself, and that can entirely be blamed on the fact that she is not herself.

"She's not," Annabeth, says, her voice cracking.

There's a pause, and Annabeth knows right away that she has been busted for crying.

"Are you okay? Do you want me to get Nico?" he asks.

"That's alright."

I walked through the door with you. The air was cold.

"Are you listening to Taylor Swift?" Percy asks.

"No. Yes. Maybe."

But something about it felt like home somehow, Taylor Swift sings. Annabeth usually skips this song but she's already crying so what even is the point?

"Okay," Percy says. "Um, do you mind if I come in? I still have to brush my teeth."

Annabeth wants to tell him to go away. She doesn't want him to see her like this, lying on the tiling and crying about everything that's gone wrong in the past few hours. Hell, he saw her naked just a few hours ago, and now it probably seems like she bailed on her promise to speak to him about it in the morning. She wanted to talk to him about it. She needed to talk to him about it.

Oh, your sweet disposition and my wide-eyed gaze. Annabeth's never really listened to the lyrics of this song before but they are really sounding familiar for some reason. This song can't be about Joe Jonas, can it?