Chapter 19

Savannah's POV

It's been two weeks since Tony broke the news of my supposed testifying against Allan, and although I can't find it in me to be there when the time comes, I can turn my back on the whole thing either.

I can't let him go Scott free knowing my appearance alone can put him behind bars for good.

"Okay it's a wrap, I have seen and heard all I want to hear, I guess that concludes the end of the meeting"  Tony says finalizing the meeting for the day.

Everyone gathers their things and exit the conference room, leaving Tony and I with me on zoom call.

"We're making progress more than you think" I say trying to ease his nerves, he thinks things aren't really moving at a fast pace

"I know it's just too overwhelming" he says brushing his hands through his hair.

"Don't forget we're going baby clothes shopping" I say reminding him of the promise he made two days ago to stop me from crying, perks of being pregnant, I get to do whatever I want.

"I know, I know. I just have one more meeting and I'll be done for today" he says waving his hands in the air as if to say I shouldn't push my luck.

I just roll my eyes at him "alright I'll see you when you're done" he nods and I end the zoom call.

In two weeks time I'll be testifying against Allan and in two weeks time, I'll also get to know the gender of my child.

It's going to be one hell of a time period for me, but nothing will give me peace than knowing Allan will finally get his deserved punishment for what he did.

My hands involuntarily goes to my stomach and I rub the bump which isn't so small now to feel my baby kick a bit.

The only good thing that came out of all this, my bundle of joy, he/she isn't even here yet and there's nothing I wouldn't give to see them happy.

I get up and head to the kitchen, I need to get something inside me, I haven't eaten since morning and it's almost lunch, I dare not tell Tony else I'll get an earful of how inconsiderate I am.

Honestly it's not that I didn't want to eat, it's just that I've been having the morning sickness since I woke up, I have thrown up almost everything in me and I'm afraid eating the wrong food might worsen it.

__________________________________

Two hours later and no sign of Tony, I've binge watched all the movies on my movie list to the point my eyes are swollen from staring at the screen for too long.

I should have known he wouldn't show up for the shopping, he'll have flimsy excuse to give once he gets home, hoping I'd buy it.

I contemplate on whether to call Mom so we go on the shopping but I kick against it, and just relax back on the couch.

I know he would disappoint or maybe this is his payback for the rice I made him cook and waste weeks ago.

Tony and being completely petty, I'm scrolling through my phone when a thought crosses my mind, my hands hover on the search button my mind telling to just search for his name but the logical part of my brain that works without my heart controlling it just tells me not to.

It's been months and although I know where he is, he has managed to keep his name off the tabs for that long, searching will probably just pop up old news, mostly about our time together and I wouldn't want to stir up any feelings in me right now.

I just throw my phone back on the couch and close my eyes, relaxing my head back on the couch.

You'd think after all these while I'm able to just erase thoughts of him but it's not that easy, he was and still is the only man I ever loved.