One hundred and fifteen

"Woah, look at that little heartbreaker!" I joke, twisting Henry to see himself in the dressing room mirror.

He adjusts the bow tie he insisted on wearing slightly, copying his most favourite person on TV.

"You definitely want this?" I ask as he smiles at his reflection.

He nods vigorously before handing me the hangers the clothes were displayed on.

"Ok then, let's get these off so we can pay." I say, reaching for the opening of the black blazer he's wearing and pulling it down his shoulders.

Once he's dressed back in the clothes he was previously wearing, I draw back the curtain and the two of us step out.

"A bow tie?" The cashier asks, frowning slightly as she pulls of the security tags on the items of clothing.

"Hey, bow ties are cool!" I claim, ruffling Henry's hair as I quote the TV show we never fail to watch.

The woman smiles at the two of us before asking for the money and bagging our things.

"He's your son?" she asks, handing me the bag and looking down at Henry who is now tightly holding my hand.

"Kinda, I adopted him." I explain, causing the woman to look back up to me.

"Aw, he's adorable." She says, leaning over the desk to look at Henry again.

"Can we go now?" He whines, shaking my arm.

I meet the cashiers eyes before shrugging and taking our bags from her hands.

"See you around." I call back as we leave the shop.

"She loves you." Henry frowns as we make our way toward the escalators.

"Love?" I laugh, swinging his arm slightly. "I don't think she loves me, Henry." I laugh again, causing the boys frown to deepen.

"I don't care." he sighs, taking a large jump on to the top step of the escalator.

"You mean she liked me, although I don't think she did." I say, not dropping the subject.

"She kept looking at you." he says, bending his neck to look up to me.

"I don't care." I tease, prodding his nose as we reach the bottom.

***

"The girls are starting already?" I ask as Henry and I re enter the apartment.

Music is blaring from Derek and Emily's bedroom and not one of the women are with in eye sight.

"Yeah." Morgan sighs, flicking the TV channel again and chucking the remote on to the table.

"It's a shame we can't get started yet." I joke, placing the shopping bags on the ground and taking a seat on the opposite sofa.

Henry sits next to me, kicking off his shoes and throwing himself backwards.

"Let's see the suit then!" Morgan says, reaching for the bag and dipping his hand inside.

Sandy emerges from the bedroom as Derek pulls out the clothing, scrunching her nose slightly as she catches sight of it.

"A bow tie?" she asks, growing at the two of us.

"Hey! bow ties are cool." Henry calls, sitting forward again and high fiving me.

"You two are such nerds." Morgan sighs, hanging the suit over a shelf and re taking his seat.

***

When Henry is fast asleep, the girls move their party to the living room and Derek and I change for his stag do.

I change into my ripped skinny jeans and a plain white tshirt. Morgan wears almost the same, only his jeans are a little baggier and they're not ripped at the knees.

"Alright, pretty boy..." Derek turns to face me, throwing a bottle of aftershave in my direction. "Lets go have some fun."

He smiles, clapping his hands as I catch the bottle. "Are the others meeting us at the club?" I ask, hoping it won't be just the two of us again.

"Yeah." he nods, grabbing his jacket and leaving the room.