1 - white lies

"Uh- yeah I'm nova!"

-

It was the first day of school. I'd just moved from organ to the south side of Chicago. I've only been here for a week and I could already tell it was filled with gangs and drugs. I sigh as I get out of bed and brush my hair. When I'm done I get dressed, I walk over to my closet and grab a army green tank top and black cargo pants with army green high top converse. When I walk back over I of course grab socks and all that good stuff. After, I do my makeup. I add some concealer, eyeliner, blush, highlight, comb through my brows, mascara, and lip balm. When I'm done getting ready I grab my back pack and grab my phone off the charger. I open the blinds and quickly make my bed. When I'm done I run down the stairs and grab a apple and fill my cup with a monster before grabbing my keys and going out the door.

When I step outside I'm instantly met with the cold. Maybe it was not the smartest idea to wear a tank top. I lock the door and start heading down the street when I hear someone behind me. I grab my headphones out of my pocket and plug them into my phone before placing one of the wires into my ear. Leaving the other one free.

"Is she new?" A female voice says.

"I'm assuming I mean what do you think Debby?" A deeper voice says.

"True we haven't had a neighbor in that house in forever...hi! Excuse me!" The female voice says louder.

I Pause my music and face them. My jaw almost drops when I see the guy standing behind me. He has semi long brown hair and the prettiest eyes ever. The girl is also very pretty.

"Hi!" I say while i stop walking so they can catch up to me.

"Hi, I'm Debby and this is Carl! We are your neighbors! Welcome to Chicago!"

I chuckle and take my headphone out of my ear.

"Hi, I'm nova. Thank you! You guys live on the left of my right?" I ask.

"Yes ma'am." Carl says. M

"Can we walk with you? Your going to school right? We can help you!" Debby says.

"Please do! And yes haha." I say as they join me side by side.

"How are you liking the south side so far?" Carl asks.

"It's different for sure. I'm from organ so it's different." I laugh.

"Yeah there's a lot of bad things here but it's not that bad once you get used to it." Carl says.

"Yeah I've only been here for a week and I've already seen the cops chase down a naked guy running down the street." I chuckle.

"Yeah, you'll see that." Debby laughs.

-

After school was over I met up with Debby and Carl again, they were truly amazing and a huge help.