2- flawless

"Why don't you stay with me tonight?"

After the party, me and Carl walked to my house before we realized we hadn't seen Debbie in hours, nor could we get a hold of her. Me and Carl turn to each other before I grab my phone out of my back pocket. We weren't drunk, nearly tipsy is all.

I start dialing her number and put the phone on speaker. It goes straight to voicemail. Me and Carl once again look at each other before he texts someone.

"I texted my friend Sean to help me look for her. It's not like her to do this. Even after she's fucked someone and checks in with us." Carl says.

"What do you mean help you look for her? I'm going. If I can though." I say.

Normally, I'd demand to come with him...but for whatever reason when I'm around him I get kinda nervous.

"Of course, to be honest I was hoping you'd say that. I just thought that since we are at your house and it's late you'd wanna just go inside." He says.

"I could be on the moon and if one of you guys or your family was in trouble I'd still help." I say while sitting on the porch stairs, waiting for his friend.

Carl mocks my movements and sits down beside me. There isn't a lot of space so we are kinda close. We just sat there in the cold. My mind was racing. I had only met these two less than 24 hours ago, yet I was worried out if my mind. I start picking the skin off my lip, something I do when my anxiety is bad. After a minute Carl looks over and grabs my hand away from my face.

"Hey, don't do that. My sister used to do that and her lips got so raw she had to keep licking them like jabba the hut." He says as he holds my hand away from my face and slowly sets it down.

"Sorry. It's a habit." I say.

I anxiously look around befire a car pulls up. Carl grabs my hand and stands up, walking towards the car. I follow him and the window rolls down.

"Get in dumbass." Sean says to Carl.

Carl gets in the passenger seat and I get in the back. When we start to get rolling Sean looks at me through the mirror.

"Who are you?" He asks.

"Nova. I'm a friend of Debbie and carls." I say while looking around nervously.

By now Carl had turned to me, I guess he could hear the nervousness in my voice.

"Sean stop the car for a second." He says.

"Ok?" Sean replies.

I watch as Carl unbuckles his seatbelt, opens and closes the car door, walk to the backseat's doors, opens it, slides inside and closes the door. I look at him with a kind aid confused look as he buckles his seatbelt.

"What? You were back here all alone. That doesn't help your anxiety any." He says as he nods to Sean to keep driving.

I just sigh and rest my head against his shoulder while still staying aware.