columba (guardian angel!h)

harry is a new guardian angel and he wishes he could save (y/n) from herself.

this is a patreon exclusive piece, this first part being the only publicly available part. a link to my patreon is in my bio.

—————

Cotton clouds greeted Harry when he opened his eyes, cool dew coating his lashes. Deep breaths filled his lungs with the chilled air, his body coming alive the more he woke up. Moonlight poured over his back, the flexing of his muscles bringing about a flutter of the large feathered wings that sprouted from between his shoulder blades. He was aware of his the strength of his limbs as he moved to sit up within the puffs of clouds despite his wobbly movements. Gazing skyward, there was a sheer layer of cloud cover above his head, majority of the puffs making up the new home he found himself in.

Stretching his hands out in front of him, he flexed his fingers, spying the ink on one of his hands. Trailing his gaze up his arms, more pictures were etched into his skin, varying in size as they went up his bicep. Peeking down at his chest, his wings spanning wide behind him, more drawings stained his skina stark contrast to the creamy hue of his skin and the cotton clean clouds cradling his body. Standing to his unstable legs, a low slung draping of fabric covered his hips, swaying in a breeze he didn't feel.

Harry wasn't even fully familiar with the space around him or his own body before he felt a pull in his chest. Barred behind his ribcage, a hollow ache formed, urging him to go somewhere—find something. A part of his existence was missing, fallen below somewhere during his creation.

That hollow ache had a plan, pushing him to flutter down from the clouds, to utilize the spanning length of his wings and find what would fill the phantom hole in his chest. He was no pro as he moved, his awkward, pigeon toed steps leading him through the tufts until he sunk through the clouds like a trapdoor had opened under his feet. The ground fell out from under him, free falling for a split second before instinct took over. The gold-flaked and opal tipped wings fanned out behind him, catching him from plummeting before he was guided by the desire that was beginning to overshadow ache in his chestthe desire to find wherever it was the divine forces wanted him to be.

Cities sparkled like stars beneath him, bright lights with bustling movement. He was sure if he listened hard enough, spared any extra concentration from focusing on his journey, he could hear the chatter of the world below him. What a wonderful thing to see, he thought, a short smile on his lips. Other people were starting their lives just the same way he was, no matter if he had feathers sprouting from his back. Maybe others were looking for their purpose just as he was.

Following the pull in his chest, Harry glided above the world, feathers fluffed around him with his hands dipping towards the clouds above him. His confidence grew the longer he flew, the closer he grew to whatever he was searching for. He was close.

While the flight could have taken hours, Harry felt as if he was in the air for no longer than a handful of minutes. Wonder at everything made the time fly. Too soon, it all came to a halt. That ache in his chest bubbled over, alerting him he was just where he needed to be. Down below, city light was lacking, leaving him with the view of a small town. He hovered in the air for a moment, the fluff of his wings keeping him afloat until he succumbed to the draw to investigate further.

His bare feet landed on the pavement, the first truly solid ground he'd touched on. The clouds above definitely didn't feel this rough against his skin. A neighborhood surrounded him, strings of houses lining a quiet street. Some were completely dark, signs in the yard advertising open houses and renting plans, others were completely lit up within, the inhabitants concealed by closed curtains.