pearls (non-au)

request: Hi!! I have kind of this idea for a series, like y/n being in the Band and Harry has had a crush on her for so long, i think the story would be cute! Hope u like it

—————

"Hi, I'm (Y/N)! It's an honor to meet you, Mr. Styles."

That's all it took.

That's all it took for Harry to become enamored with the bubbly little thing that came in to record some vocals for Fine Line(mainly on Treat People With Kindness, but he decided after he heard her demo he wanted a little bit of her everywhere). Jeff had brought her up as an option after hearing her on a couple of demos, saying that she had a similar voice to what Harry had described he wanted for the track. Harry rather quickly agreed, wanting more than anything to get everything on the track finished since it was getting closer and closer to when the album release date was slated. And Harry's starting to believe that that had been one the best choices he's made in a while.

Because now here she was, in a summery little romper with peaches printed on it and Harry can't take his eyes off her. Of course a voice as pretty as her's would be housed by someone that looked like that.

"'S nice to meet you, too. Call me Harry, please," Harry greeted, holding his ringed hand out for her to shake. He needed to be professional, he was technically her boss for the time being.

All (Y/N) did was smile back at him and take his offered hand.

Harry knew he had let the interaction go on a bit too long by the time Jeff had to clear his throat from beside him.

"You can go on inside the booth, (Y/N). I know we already discussed a bit of what Harry's looking for, but we'll play the track for you as it is so you can get a feel for it. Let me know whenever you're ready," Jeff directed, gesturing for (Y/N) to go ahead.

Harry nervously moved his hand to the back of his neck, a shy smile on his lips as a small okay left her before she turned her back to him to go into the booth. She slipped inside, giving the pair of them a thumbs up before Jeff pressed play and the song played through the large headphones over her ears.

Almost immediately Jeff turned pointedly at Harry. "What the fuck was that?"

"I-I don't know. I was jus' surprised, wasn't expecting her that's all," he stuttered, following Jeff as he took a seat in front of the soundboard. He absently adjusted the rings on his fingers, glancing his eyes towards the girl in the booth.

Jeff looked at him for a beat longer before shifting his eyes to (Y/N).

They had her listen to the track a couple of times, watching as she read over the lyric sheet and mouthed the words when she was meant to come in. Harry tried his best to look busy as he messed with his phone, reading through emails he had already read that morning in favor of facing Jeff and the pointed looks he was shooting him.

How could Jeff blame him, really? Harry was being honest when he said he wasn't expecting her to look the way she did; he wasn't expecting her to be the kind of girl he wasn't able to take his eyes off of. It wasn't even fair.

It's not even like anything was going to come out of it, anyway. Maybe a song or two will be written, but there's not much that can come out of a single recording session.

Eventually, (Y/N) gave Jeff the heads up to start recording, causing him to press a few buttons on the soundboard. Harry was finally able to shift his gaze to her again, hiding under the guise of work and not because he liked the way she played with the ends of her hair and moved along to the music as she sang.