Break My Heart OC #3

FULL NAMETesni Cerise Ruiz

FULL NAME
Tesni Cerise Ruiz

Tesni (warmth from the sun)
Cerise (cherry)
Ruiz (famous ruler)

Tez
Tezi

AGE
20

SEXUALITY
Androsexual (attracted to masculinity)

PROVINCE
Dominica

CASTE
Six

FACE CLAIM
Bridget Hollitt

PERSONALITYJust as her name suggests, Tesni exudes sunshine

PERSONALITY
Just as her name suggests, Tesni exudes sunshine. She is happy, unbothered, and cheerful. She can always find the good in any bad situation and talking with her can warm up anyone's insides. Much does not faze her, and insults seem to fly straight over her head. She is not dumb, by any means, but she can be a bit of an airhead at times. To Tesni, people usually have good intentions, and if they don't it's because they need a little more compassion in their life. Growing up as the ward of a rich woman, Tesni is accustomed to being used for her sunny disposition. Many of the people around her will vent to her and get her opinions and advice on things because she can so easily turn a bad situation into a good one. While Tesni is a good-natured person through and through, she does have a fiery, reckless side to her. Many underestimate her because she is so sunny, and she tends to use that to her advantage. The rush of stealing is one of Tesni's favorite feelings, and she chases that feeling often. Be it just a coin from a purse, or a silly little trinket from the market. Tesni steals as a form of control in her life. It has certainly gotten her in trouble in the past, but most overlook the small girl as ditzy and unthreatening. Though Tesni is usually bubbly and sweet, she does have a domineering side to her. Because she never had much as a child, things she does have, she is very protective of. Be it material things such as clothes, money, etc., or even things like relationships, opinions, etc.

HISTORY
Tesni grew up poor. As a young girl, it was only her father and herself fending for themselves in the slums of Dominica. Her father, a seven, worked as a for-hire gardener. Unfortunately for their little family, not many of the rich wanted to hire a disabled gardener, even if he was just as capable as others for hire. But because of a flesh-eating disease he contracted as a child, he had a  permanent limp and pain in his legs. His inability to keep his family out of poverty as well as his frustration with his disability caused Tesni's poor father to fall into depression in her early childhood. Young Tesni was accustomed to a nearly empty belly and poor living conditions. As Tesni grew older, she discovered ways to help her poor father. These ways were not exactly legal. It started with snatching a little extra when buying produce. That quickly turned to stealing instead of buying the food. Eventually, little Tesni was quick and agile enough to pick-pocket most anyone. No one ever suspected an innocent little girl to be the one taking the coins from the pockets. Her father progressively got worse over time and Tesni became the sole provider for their little family. She would work when she could. But it was hard, back-breaking work, and she had found her skill earlier in life. She stole what she needed and then a little extra. Though she was quite skilled, she was not perfect; and one day she was caught. She had tried to steal money from a woman's bag. A large, rich woman with a long trailing fur coat. Tesni had thought she was being sneaky, but the loud woman had caught her. The woman had been angry, naturally, and had given her the option; jail or be put into service by the woman. It was obvious which option Tesni chose. The woman started off by making her work around her huge house without pay. But eventually, over the course of the year, Tesni formed a companionship with the woman. Right after her year of service was over, Tesni's father finally succumbed to his illness. Whether it was the recurring disease or the depression, she was never told. The old woman, feeling bad for the teenage girl, took her in. Over the course of the next few years, the older woman began to treat Tesni like the child she never had. And the woman had taken over the long-vacant role of mother for Tesni.  The woman had been a Three, a caste much higher than Tesni's. Raising in caste was almost unheard of, but the woman, who loved Tesni very much, paid a lot of money to raise Tesni from the bottom to a Six. She found Tesni a job as a maid in a prominent Two's house in Dominica, and then promptly passed away, leaving Tesni alone, yet again.

STRENGTHS
forgiving and forgetting
being sunny & cheerful
agile and pretty sneaky
convincing others into doing things

WEAKNESSES
sometimes miscalculates risks and almost hurts herself (or others)
impatient, wants to rush into things headfirst
can be a bit of an airhead at times

LIKES
sunny days
the outdoors
taking risks

DISLIKES
the calluses on her hands
being talked down to because of her caste
dwelling on things

DISLIKESthe calluses on her handsbeing talked down to because of her castedwelling on things

FAMILY
Ramon Ruiz - father (deceased)
Sofia Rubio - adoptive mother (deceased)

OPINIONS
On the royal family: She has never really been interested in them. Of course, her heart broke after hearing what they went through (and sympathetic to losing both parents).

On the selection: she never expected to be chosen, as she only signed up for the money aspect of it, but she is quite excited to leave Dominica and explore Angeles and the palace. Even if that means she must compete for a stranger's affection.

SKILLS/HOBBIES
is a fantastic pickpocket
has a green thumb from listening to her father's mumblings as a child
yoga, she is very flexible
running, she enjoys the burn in her legs after running for miles and miles

AESTHETIC

FUN FACTShas never left Dominica, not even once

FUN FACTS
has never left Dominica, not even once