Prologue 4-5

(Warning: foul language)

Word count: 1367

"Just as I'd suspected. Nothing. Not only is your homeland not listed on any map from any point in history. Now, are you QUITE sure that you come from such a place? That wasn't some sort of lie, or jape? Because if so, the only explanation is that you've come from another planet. Or perhaps you were summoned here from another dimension?" I'm betting alt dimension!

"Show me everything that you brought here with you. Do you have some form of identification, a driver's license perhaps? Or even a...shoe? You do seem a tad bit...empty-handed." Crowley inquired. Ummm oh! My phone! THANK GOD!

 wait- what if all means of communication or identity are gone...

"I have me phone" I say in a less soft voice but still soft. In my defense this man is a stranger.

"Really! Alright let's just call-" Crowley began.

"I can't..." I interrupted. All my contacts are deleted, the numbers don't exist, I can't find anything on discord, I can't post on any social media, I can't even talk in games... I show Crowley the screen.

"Well, this is quite the predicament. I cannot have someone with no aptitude for magic bumbling about my magic academy. And yet, as an educator, I am loath to expel a young person without a cent to their name, or any ability to contact their guardian... Truly, my grace is boundless." Crowley you're hot and all put you be look'en real punchable right now. Welp, you think there's somewhere I could work? I can live under a bridge!

"Hmmmmm... Ah! There is a vacant building on this campus. It was, in fact, used as a dorm a long time ago. With a proper cleaning, it should be habitable enough. Out of the profound kindness of my heart, I will allow you to live there for the time being." ... that building is going to be rusty dusty and crusty isn't it? 

"In the meantime, we will investigate other ways to send you home. Dear me, but I am a gracious man indeed! A model educator, one might say. Well then, I shall take you to your dorm straight away. It is an older building, but it has plenty of...character, one might say."  He is never gonna get me back home is he...? *Sigh* 

"Come along now," Crowley patted my back as we left the library.

It was dark outside and I could hardly see anything. I wonder what time it is... also why are they having this ceremony at night?

We made it to the dorm and...

"If I breathe on it too hard it will collapse" I say in the most deadpan voice I could muster. Seriously tho that thing probably broke so many codes.

"Isn't it delightful? Right, scoot inside now. There you go." Crowley pushed me inside. I think I might actually live under a bridge.

"This should keep the elements at bay for the time being. Now, I should return to my research. Do try to find some way to busy yourself. But don't let me catch you wandering the campus! Ta!" This bitch straight up ran away. Does this place even have water?

"I *cough* can feel my lungs dyeing" there is so much dust in here I could make a damn beach. Oh it's raining... I could probably collect the water.

"GWAH! It's pouring out there!" Oh shit- ah it's grim. I flinch and almost trip on my own feet.

"Bwahaha! That look on your face is priceless! Like a bat that got blasted by a water gun." What kind of example is that? "As if I wouldn't just sneak back onto campus the second I escaped pryin' eyes. You all got no idea what I'm capable of! I ain't givin' up on goin' here just 'cause I got kicked out one measly ol' time. And if you think otherwise, you don't know Grim!" God damn it's school were I put too much of my self worth and learned what slurs meant.

I walk away got a towel and started to gently dry off grim. "Waa-!" Grim was a bit caught off guard but seems to enjoy it. "So, why do you want to be in This school?" 

"I was born to do this! I'm a magical prodigy who's got the makin's to become one of the greatest mages who ever lived!" God damn, good sir can I have a  sliver of your confidence.

"So I've been waitin' and waitin' for that black carriage to come for me. And yet...Hrmph!" He looks like he's gonna cry! "That Dark Mirror's got no eye for talent! That's why I took the initiative and came here myself. You humans don't understand what a mistake you're makin'! Not lettin' me in is a great loss to the world! Mrrao! C'mon, scoot over! I'm getting dripped on here! Bwah! Another hole in the roof! These flamin' ears are like my trademark, y'know? I can't let 'em get doused!" Grim panicked. If his ears get put out will he die like charmander?

"Good luck mate, the ceiling is more wholly than Twitter arguments" I remark. The arguments are funny as shit tho.

"I dunno why you don't just magic those holes away. You could have it fixed in half a jiff. Ahhh, right. You can't use magic at all. Pffft, man you're useless." Damn... he sounds like my parents. 

"Then why don't you do it yourself since you're so almighty?" I asked in an innocent tone. The only this cat could do is evaporate the water.

"Heh? You want ME to help YOU? Ha! You got the wrong idea. I'm just a stranger takin' shelter from the rain. You ain't the boss of me. If ya had some cans of tuna to trade, well, that'd be another story. But I don't work for free." This cocky brat.

"If you weren't so cute you'd be back on the streets, now sit here I'ma get buckets." I walk off to some hallway.

The hall was old, dark, and dreary. Perfect for a ghost to jump out and kill me... should I pray that grim doesn't burn down the house? Actually let me just mentally prepare for a jump scare.

"Yee hee hee... Bwa ha ha ha ha ha. We haven't had visitors in ages! Oh, I'm just itchin' for new friends! Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha!" A mysterious voice came out of nowhere. I flinched and a loud creek came from the floor.

"Hey, keep it down over- AAAAAH! GHOSTS! GHOOOOOOSTS!" Grim shouted in fear. Kinda of a overreaction but okay.

"All the people who used ta live here got scared of us and ran away." The ghost with eyelashes reminiscent. Wouldn't blame them.

"We just want a new ghost to play with! What do you say, buddy?" The marshmallow like ghost asked.

"Take me!" I wish to meet the gods~! 

"*Shiver* Eeeeep! I'm a master sorcerer! I ain't afraid of any dumb ghosts! Myahaaa!" Grim yelled. Oh shit he's blowing fire he is going to burn this place fuck. *panic*

"Nuh-uh. Not even close." The skinny one dodged with little effort. Is grim even looking.

"Over here! Over here! Ah ha ha ha!" Marshmallow mocked and hoped around. I like this guy.

"Argh! They keep disappearing and reappearing!" Grim complained. Mate you anit even look'en.

"I don't know know open your fucking eyes!" I scolded him. Seriously this is our only shelter mannn.

"Shaddup! I don't need any lip from you, human!" Yes you do you dumbass!!!

"If you help with the ghost infestation the headmaster might recognize you and enroll you!" I try to negotiate.

"Myah...?! Hmph... I'm Grim, Master Sorcerer! How come I can't even hit one of these little-" cause your aiming like a bitch! The ghost laugh at us.

"Hrmph! Ganging up on us... Yer a buncha cowards!" Grim insulted. 

"M-maybe I could aim?" God I hate being relied on, I will just be a dissopintment in the end.

"Myaaaah... You, human! You tell me which way the ghosts are!" Grim agreed. Alright here we go!

"To your left!" I command.

"Aaaaah! It buuuurns!" The ghost yelled.

"Ha, got one! Keep it up, just like that... And let's clear out the whole lot of 'em!" Let's go grim!

And so I used grim as a gun and shoot down the undead.

(I apologize for grammer or spelling mistakes)