First Memory

You know, that is the first time "meeting" him, right?

~~~~~

I finished grooming myself, and now it's time for me to hit the hay.

I open my phone to check what is up tonight before I turn off the lights and make sure that the window is permanently closed from the outside.

Soon, I finally closed my eyes and drift into memory lane.

~~~~~

It was only a few days after the incident when my "friends" went missing.

Everyone turned towards me because of how I looked or how they are concerned about my reaction towards those bitches.

I went into my locker and packed my books into my bag when I heard a thud on the other side of the hall.

I went there to see what was going on and turns out, it was a school fight.

A goth-like man is fighting against some jock who wants to steal lunch money.

What's more interesting is that the goth boy called the jock a whore because the jock is about to rape him.

Sooner than later, the school staff came in and broke the fight.

I never knew what happened, but all I knew was that the jock is somehow expelled.

YN: Good for the goth man.

It's a good thing that school is over, I could finally do something to relax while I still can.

I reached the roof and sit on the floor before pulling out my pack of cigs and a lighter.

I light up my cig and puff some smoke out in the air.

I pulled out my earphones and listen to some of my favorite music.

I was deeply spaced out when I heard the door open.

I turned to see the goth man standing there.

I then turned away and said,

YN: You can sit if you like.

He sat beside me, I shared some cigs and he accepted it.

I handed him a lighter to light his cigarette.

I blew some smoke and flick my cig.

YN: Rough day, huh?

???: How do you know?

YN: You know, the fight?

???: Oh, yeah. What's the point anyways?

YN: You and I are in common.

???: Eh?

I turned towards the goth man.

YN: I mean, it's been a while since I used to be friends with those popular bitches who went missing so suddenly. I don't feel any mourning or pity for them, that is because I just don't wanna. And yet, my parents were forced to just because they wanted a "perfect" child.

I look at the glowing light of the opened lighter.

YN: At least, I can now feel freedom this week. That's more important for me.

I turned away to watch the sun turning to dusk.

Suddenly, I heard him reply.

???: Hey, at least you're not bad to me.

That is a surprise.

YN: Really?

???: Yeah, I mean, you and I are in common; introverts. Plus, I never get along with my family as well, especially my mother. She was never there for me, even my sister.

YN: I assume you hate your sister as well?

The goth man nodded.

YN: Hey, at least we have something we just discover.

The goth man looks at me as he sees my hand held out for a handshake.

YN: I'm Luan.

The goth man smirks before shaking my hand and told his name.

???: Peter.