Prologue

Salem, MA 1692
It was the cool morning of June 10, 1692, and all of the townspeople were gathered at Gallows Hill for an execution. They were all witnessing the hanging of the first woman who was accused of witchcraft; Bridget Bishop. She looked into the crowd and saw her 4 kids and her husband Edward Bishop who were in front of the crowd watching. Sherriff George Corwin stood next to the platform that was holding Bridget up.

"Bridget Bishop, you have been charged with the crime of witchcraft. Your punishment is death by hanging. Do you have any last words before your demise?" Sheriff Corwin says.

"I will die today, but all of you will be cursed. Those who have brought the suffering to everyone here and even my own family will be too. You all will feel my pain and anger."

All the townspeople gasped in horror and then people started to shout at the sheriff to hang the witch. All of a sudden, the platform was moved out from under Bridget, and then she was hanging by her neck. That was the last time anything was even mentioned about the curse. Or at least that's what everyone thought.

Salem, MA 2023
It's been 330 years since Bridget Bishop was hung at Gallows Hills. 330 years since there were any females born into the Bishop line, at least until 25 years ago. Two females by the names of Alicia and Darcy Oliver are born. They are the great-granddaughters are Christian Oliver, one of Bridget Bishop's sons. Alicia is the oldest Oliver female and went into the field of law enforcement. Darcy is a few years younger than Alicia and has no idea what to do with her life just yet.

Each of the families in Salem make up their owncouncil. There is a council for the descendants of the accused witches and acouncil for all the descendants of the families who have been the one to accusethe other. This was a way to keep everyone in line and it has worked for years,making sure to keep the peace as well. This system has worked for many years,but as a new era dawns on Salem will this system survive the darkness that fallsonto Salem and everyone in town.