01

Author's note: Hi! This is my first published book on wattpad. A story no one asked for but I hope you enjoy. Author's native language isn't English so suggestions and/or corrections are welcome in the comments.

Also every comment is very well appreciated.

******

Haechan is mad. No, mad is an understatement. He is pissed off, irked, enraged, infuriated and all other synonymous words that fall under that category. I mean who won't be furious if you are rudely awakened by the sound of the doorbell ringing at an ungodly hour. He groaned and placed a pillow over his ears to muffle the sound but to no avail. The consistent ringing still echoes throughout his relatively small studio apartment, the sound still penetrating through the pillow. He kicked off the blanket covering his lower torso and checked his phone. Maybe the person behind the door has at least the courtesy to give him a heads up before causing a ruckus at dawn. Of course there wont be any, he thought disappointedly as he scroll through his call and message logs. Whoever it was showed up with no prior notice no texts or calls, nothing. And so he rubbed the sleep off his eyes and begrudgingly crawled out of the bed before loudly marching his way towards the front door. Whoever the fuck is behind that mahogany door will sure experience his wrath first hand even if they are a robber, a friend or..... well, a serial killer.

The sudden thought startled him and made him halt as he was just a few paces from the door. Shit! What if it is indeed a murderer on the loose and he is their unwilling victim? He checked his pockets for his phone to call 911, just in case something happened.

Then he remembered. Oh shit, his gun! He mentally face palmed, he forgot his gun in the bedroom due to his earlier admittedly pathetic display of adult tantrum. He was still working on his internal monologue when a series of impatient knocks and doorbell rings startled him from his reverie. Surely it's not that, right? If it were a stranger, Coco's surely gonna start barking. Haechan nodded to himself, wordlessly calming himself down. He then took a deep breath, grabbing one of his baseball bats on the way just for safety measures still and continued on. He peeped into the hole to identify this unwarranted visitor but to no luck, the guy from the other side is hooded and seems completely soaked in the merciless thunderstorm. Haechan braced himself if ever a physical fight is to ensue, he sure know that there are many other logical ways to handle the situation aside from opening up the door to what seems like a total stranger. And that this decision is high likely the most idiotic shit he'll ever pull in his 21 years of existence which honestly is something considering he's done a ton of stupid borderline illegal questionable things. Logic and practicality isn't really his best suit. Besides he can just add this experience as a brand new entry to ' dumb things Haechan do because he isn't using his brain or he mostly does but still is too stubborn to follow it' journal, that is if he were ever to live another day after this. And so with otherwise grim determination he went against his better judgement. Despite all alarms going off in his self-proclaimed big brain, he ignored it and opened the door. His right hand holding the bat ready to aim, he was caught off guard to be face-to-face with his best friend.

Mark looked up to him, seemingly annoyed ( which he has no reason for because who the heck shows up unannounced in their friend's house at 3 ass o'clock in the morning and expects to be greeted by an immediate and warm welcome, haechan reasoned in his head) whole body soaked in the harsh rain. He taps his foot repeatedly, a deep frown evident on his face. Haechan let's go of the bat, a loud thump echoing throughout the apartment as the metal bat collided against the tiled floor ( Haechan is sure the tile shattered from the impact but it is an issue he'll acknowledge tommorow after he's had a cup of coffee and an 8-hour sleep). Mark subtly flinched at the sound before looking up at Haechan.