04

Author's note: Here is the last chapter guys. Thank you for reading! And thanks for the votes!

******

" Here, drink some water", Mark handed him a glass of water which he gratefully consumed without further persuasion. He avoided the older's gaze as his cheeks were still tinted red from embarrassment. This is it. Mark's gonna hate him for the rest of their lives. He first broke his heart by denouncing his own flesh and blood and now Mark had to drive to his location to calm him down because he's too weak to do so. He's proving himself to be a huge nuisance to the older. Mark looked at him intently, he lowered his gaze to the floor. He wants to apologize, beg for Mark's forgiveness but his lips remain shut. So many unspoken words begging to be let out. He doesn't know where to start. And that is insane because this is Mark. His best friend of more than 13 years. The one he shared his dreams, insecurities, plans and even his bed with. This is Mark his not-so-platonic soulmate, his most of the time unwilling partner in crime. Haechan has no way with words, he often get in trouble for not knowing how to run his mouth appropriately but Mark understands him almost in a spiritual level. Even without saying things, Mark gets it. This time however he fear his silence would not suffice. Mark extracted his gaze and turned his attention to their silver-haired friend.

" What happened, Jaem? Why did he had a panic attack? ", Jaemin scratched his nape awkwardly, nudging Jeno with his free hand to answer for him.

" Hey, what happened? ", Mark once again demanded. Jisung and Chenle flinched with the older's sharp tone. Yangyang hid himself behind an uneasy Renjun. Mark looked at them confused and albeit annoyed, " Hey guys, what's wrong? Did his father showed up again? Did your dad followed you home again, Haech?"

The question is now directed at him, he feel obliged to answer and so he shook his head. He opted for a verbal answer but no words came out. He feels even more useless now.

" Okay, guys it's not funny. Give me context. What happened? Why did he had a panic attack? Jen? ", Jeno opened his mouth to speak but decided against it. Now Mark is really irritated. His patience is wearing thin and his friends aren't helping. He's gonna start shouting if they don't-

" You're gonna get angry at me. ", Haechan squeaked out, voice still shaky. Mark whipped his head to the younger.

" I'm already mad at you. Not because you had a panic attack but because of last night. Nothing you'll say can make me angrier that I already am. "

" Even if I accidentally blurted out the whole ordeal of last night?"

" What?!", Mark yelled out surprised. Out of all the things he expected this was not one of them. He saw the brown-haired younger flinch from the sudden loud volume. Mark had to remind himself to soften his tone even though he absolutely pissed off, " You told them? "

" I-I'm sorry, hyung. I didn't mean to. I was simply asking for advice and I kinda slipped up and Jeno and Yangyang heard it too and now- now they know. "

The unclear explanation further more enraged Mark. He made him feel like an idiot last night for his decision and then he go around parading the news to everyone. The younger is definitely getting a piece of his mind today. Panic attack be damned.

" You piece-! ", He started with an accusatory finger pointed at Haechan but Renjun cut him off.

" It's me! It's me hyung! I was the one who told Chenle and Jisung. And I kinda forced out the answer from Haechan anyway. It was also me that's talking when Jen and Yang overheard our conversation. I'm sorry. I honestly thought it wasn't that much of a big deal. I thought it was a prank or maybe a tea about someone we personally don't know. Sorry. ", Renjun let his head hung low.

" I was the one who confirmed it to Jeno and Yangyang. Hyuck's the victim. Sorry", Jaemin whispered, fidgeting.

" You guys are-! ", and just like that his energy is drained. He took a seat in front of Haechan. He noticed the younger playing with his already bleeding fingernail, a habit he long since harbored after the incident. That is why Mark always has a band aid ready in his backpack. He swatted his hands away, the action earning the attention of the guy opposite to him.

" We're talking tonight. But for now, let's get you home, okay? ", Haechan nodded in response. He stood up and extended his hand to the younger to help him up. He hesitantly accepted it and stood up in his still shaky legs.

" It's alright. You're gonna find out either way. At least the secret's out now. I'll see you guys tommorow. ", He said dismissively.

" Are you feeling better now? "

" Yes. I got meds that helps with the morning sickness. I'll be fine. "

And with that, the duo walked out. Saying goodbye to Jaehyun on their way too. The drive home was silent. Mark completely focused on the road while Haechan looked out the window, still playing subconsciously with the now bandaged wound. Only the melody of People pt. 2 ( by the one and the only Min Yoongi ) filing the silence. Mark parked in front of Haechan's apartment.

" Haech, we're here. "

" I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry last night. I wasn't thinking. I'm an idiot. "

" Haech- "

" There's no excuse for my actions last night. I was a coward. I was so scared of fucking up relationship and I didn't even consider what you're feeling. I'm an asshole. This is your body, it should be your decision whether to keep it or not. And I just want to clarify that whatever your choice is, I'll support you. You want this baby, then I'm here for it. Fuck my dad and his ignorant ass. And I can definitely squeeze in a few part-time jobs to raise the baby. And you, you're going to be a great dad and mom whichever you prefer. I know you will. That was dumb of me to say last night. You're gonna take good care of them I'm sure.  And I - I don't think I'm qualified to be a dad but I'll try. I'll do my best to be a good one. Definitely not like the man I call my father", Haechan looked up hopefully and saw Mark's eyes filling up with tears, he panicked, " Wait. You're crying. I made you cry again. I'm sorry. I should have kept my mouth shut. I'm sorry hyu- "

Mark engulfed him in a tight hug, burying his face in the younger's shoulder. Haechan held him tight like how Mark cradles him during his toughest nights. Many things had changed since that fateful night 13 years ago when the police arrested his physically abusive alcoholic father. The bastard is even out of jail now. But fragments of his abuse still lingers in his mind. Somehow the grip of the trauma and fear still tight around his neck. It took awhile to come out of that shell but slowly his breaking free. Little by little the now brittle ropes are falling apart. He's gonna prove his father wrong. He is nothing like him. He is nothing like the abusive cheating man his mother had married. They might share the same last name but they are nothing alike. Because he won't hurt Mark. He won't hurt their baby. Never again.

" You're gonna be great dad too, Hyuckie. I am a 100% percent sure. And I forgive you. It's alright. We're alright now. "

" I'm gonna buy flowers tommorow hyung, I promise. "

They both laughed at how ridiculous that sounded. They remained in that comfortable position for what feels like eternity. The voices in Haechan's head stopped. His heart felt at ease. He's now determined to make this work. His little family with Mark.

" Let's have this baby, hyung. "

Mark smiled at him widely.

" Yup. Let's have this baby, Haech. "

The future is full of uncertainties but one thing is certain. Mark and Haechan are both constants in each other's life. This lifetime or the next.