my opinions on the series

Hey everyone! So the first chapter isn't a one shot, sorry for that. But I wanted to share my opinions on the bl, you can share yours in the comments :)

So, I think the series started off very strong. When I watched the first episode, I thought it was going to be a classic, goofy school drama, but they surprised me in the following episodes.

Like, the goofy tone in episode 1 slowly started to change into a more serious one. For example, when Taehyun's aunt ran up to him and accused him of murder I was really shocked. I didn't expect the series to be dark, so I was really intrigued. (Personally I like series with a more serious and dark tone, but that's personal taste ofcourse)

Also, when Dayeol asked Taehyun if he really killed someone, Taehyun's response gave me goosebumps! His eyes suddenly looked crazy like he was some kind of psychopath and I was (am) living for it.

I thought that the idea of Taehyun having killed someone was kinda exciting in a way, but when it turned out he didn't, I wasn't disappointed or anything.

Taehyun's backstory is a very sad one, which is very well explained in the series.  (I was very happy about that cuz sometimes we don't get that in Korean bls)

I think the most well done scene was were Taehyun hit his head with the flower pot. Yechan did a really good job acting that part! For example when he was laying there on the ground with the blood dropping down his face, I got chills! The series really impressed me in that sense.

Taehyun is a really interesting character, and they did him really well in the first half of the series. However, I feel like when things got better with his family suddenly everything was alright. I would've liked that they got into a little bit more detail about Taehyun's struggles and I wished we got more scenes of Dayeol comforting him when he was having a panick attack or was trying to hurt himself.

Also, one scene I wish we got  was when Taehyun told Dayeol he actually hit himself with a pot and didn't just fall. But otherwise, the last episodes were cute and also well acted by the couple.

I saw on internet some of you were disappointed that there wasn't any kissing scene. Personally I don't mind that, but they kinda let them almost kiss, so that leaves the viewers wanting a real kiss, so that's way I also was a bit disappointed. (If you get what I mean lol)

I've been FOR X even before the scandal so I knew that they were making a bl around June 2022 and that it would be released around October. But when all the shit with Spire happened, I thought they would be canceling it, so I was ecstatic when I realized they were releasing it.

Overall, the series didn't disappoint and I really enjoyed watching it, but I just wished they had done more scenes about Taehyun's trauma.

This was my review, you don't have to agree with me but please stay respectful! Anyways have a good day and stay tuned for the first oneshot!