고맙다

Welcome to my first one shot! If you are easily triggered by self harm, panick attacks, strong language or anything like that I would advice you to skip this oneshot! (Also sorry if I accidentally write Jaehan instead of Dayeol lol)

Taehyun was staring at the night sky out of the big window in his apartment, deeply lost in his thoughts. In the distance he saw a lot of cars driving, but didn't pay attention to them. Instead he was thinking about the events that happened the week before.

Him and Dayeol had become closer ever since the accident with the flowerpot, which was a few weeks ago. Well, it wasn't really an accident. Dayeol didn't know that, until Taehyun finally had found the guts last week to tell him.

They had been sitting on a bench in the park where they would often hang out since they've gotten closer. It's summer, so since it was hot they decided to get some ice cream. As they were eating it in silence, Taehyun's mind went back to the first time they had sat here. That was right after the whole flowerpot thing. Taehyun felt guilty about not telling Dayeol the truth, since he had been so nice to him after Taehyun had treated him like shit. So, as they were eating, Taehyun decided to tell him.

"Ya Dayeol-ah", he turned to the boy next to him. Dayeol looked up at him, seemingly surprised by the sudden interruption of the silence.

"Mhm?" He replied. Taehyun sighed and turned back to face the park.

"Actually there's something I've been lying to you about", he said, his gaze fixated on the grass.

Dayeol first thought he was pulling a prank, but quickly changed his mind when he saw how serious Taehyun looked.

"What is it?" He asked, suddenly worried about the other boy.

"I...", Taehyun began, but didn't know how to say it. Dayeol noticed that his hands were shaking. Without thinking, he took his hand.

"Taehyun? Are you okay", Dayeol asked worried. Taehyun stared at their hands, which calmed him down.

"Yeah", he said and made quick eye contact before looking down again, "You remember the first time we came here? After we left the hospital."

"Ofcourse", Dayeol nodded, still not letting go of his hand.

"You remember how I joked about having hit my head with a pot?" Again a quick eye contact, "That's actually what happened."

He felt Dayeol's hand tighten around his, but that didn't stop his breath from becoming faster.

"Taehyun..."

Taehyun suddenly felt something welling up in his chest. When Dayeol noticed that the boy was about to cry, he let go of his hands but instead wrapped them around his neck, pulling the boy towards him. It was starting to get dark, so there weren't a lot of people around.

Taehyun let out a sob as he accepted the hug, hiding his face in Dayeol's shoulder. Dayeol was confused, but had stopped thinking a while ago that the other boy was a jerk so he wanted to help him.

They stayed like that for a while, until Dayeol spoke again, "Taehyun, I don't know why you did it and if you don't want to tell me now you don't have to, but if you feel like you're going to do it again, please text me or call me and I'll try to be there as soon as possible."