Nightmares

Later that night, after the dinner had ended and the dishes had been cleared away, Brian lay in his bed, his mind still buzzing with thoughts of the fight for mutant rights. But as exhaustion overtook him, he drifted off into a fitful sleep, plagued by nightmares.
In his dream, he saw a group of angry humans attacking mutants in the streets. He could hear their hateful words and see the fear in the eyes of his fellow mutants. He tried to fight back, but he was outnumbered and overwhelmed.
Brian woke up with a start, his heart racing and sweat pouring down his face. He was breathing heavily, and he felt a sense of overwhelming fear and anxiety washing over him.
Just then, Charles entered the room, his soft voice breaking the silence. "Brian, are you okay?" he asked, concern etched on his face.
Brian sat up in bed, tears streaming down his face. "I had a nightmare," he said, his voice barely above a whisper.
Charles moved closer to his son, his gentle hand resting on his shoulder. "What was it about?" he asked, his voice soft and soothing.
Brian hesitated for a moment before speaking, but then he let it all pour out. He told Charles about the humans attacking mutants, about the fear and helplessness he had felt in his dream.
Charles listened intently, his heart breaking for his son. He knew that the fight for mutant rights was not an easy one, and that it came with many fears and anxieties for those who fought it.
"It's okay, Brian," Charles said, his voice soft and comforting. "You're safe here, and we're not alone in this fight. We have each other, and we have our allies. And we will keep fighting until mutants are treated with the respect and dignity they deserve."
Brian felt a sense of comfort and reassurance wash over him as he listened to his father's words. He knew that he wasn't alone, and that he had the support of his family and his fellow mutants.
"Thank you, dad," Brian said, his voice soft but full of gratitude.
Charles smiled at his son, a sense of pride swelling in his chest. "Anytime, my dear boy. We'll get through this together."

Charles sat down on the edge of Brian's bed, his hand still resting on his son's shoulder. He could feel the tension in Brian's muscles start to fade away, as his son relaxed into the comfort of his father's presence.
"Let me show you something," Charles said, reaching out to take Brian's hand.
Brian looked at his father, confused, but he allowed Charles to guide him out of bed and towards the window. Charles pulled the curtains aside, revealing a clear, starry night sky.
"Do you see those stars, Brian?" Charles asked, pointing up at the sky.
Brian looked up, his eyes following his father's finger. "Yes," he said, nodding.
"Each of those stars is like a mutant," Charles explained. "Unique and special, with their own story and their own place in the universe. And just like those stars, mutants are not alone. We are all connected, and we all have each other's backs."
Brian looked at his father, his eyes filling with tears. He had always known that his father was wise and powerful, but in that moment, he saw a new side of him. A side that was full of compassion and empathy, and that was willing to go to great lengths to comfort and reassure his son.
"Thank you, dad," Brian said, his voice cracking with emotion. "I feel better now."
Charles squeezed his son's hand, a smile on his face. "I'm always here for you, Brian. And I always will be."
Brian felt a sense of warmth and safety wash over him, as he looked up at the stars above. He knew that the fight for mutant rights was far from over, and that there would be many more fears and anxieties to face in the days ahead. But he also knew that he wasn't alone, and that with his family by his side, he could face anything.
Charles stayed with Brian for a few more minutes, talking to him about their plans for the coming weeks. They were going to work on building more alliances with other mutants, and they were going to continue advocating for their rights to be recognized.
As they talked, Brian felt his fear and anxiety start to fade away. He knew that he had his family's love and support, and that gave him the strength to keep fighting.
"Thank you, dad," Brian said, his voice soft and grateful.
Charles smiled at his son, his heart full of love for him. "Of course, my dear boy. We'll always be here for you."
With that, Charles stood up and made his way out of the room. Brian lay back down in bed, feeling exhausted but also comforted. He knew that the road ahead was going to be difficult, but with his family's support, he felt like he could face anything.
As he drifted off to sleep once again, Brian thought about the stars his father had pointed out to him. He felt a sense of awe and wonder at the vastness of the universe, and at the incredible diversity of life within it. And he knew that mutants were just as much a part of that diversity as any other living beings.
With that thought in mind, Brian fell into a deep, peaceful sleep, dreaming of a world where mutants and humans could coexist in peace and harmony. A world where fear and hatred had no place, and where everyone was free to be themselves, without fear of persecution or discrimination. And in that dream, Brian knew that he was not alone, but was surrounded by the love and support of his family, and by the millions of other mutants who shared his vision of a better world.