05

Pedri had four away games in a row, with his training and consistent travels alongside Catalina's university work, they hadn't seen each other in a while. Although they kept in contact pretty often, they missed each other's company, and it weighed heavily on their minds.

One day, Catalina mentioned to Pedri how she enjoyed making Lego figures. Pedri, who had never done it before, suggested that they should make some together. They planned to get a set that Catalina had never built before, not something too complicated since they needed to finish it within a few hours.

Excitement filled their hearts as they entered the Lego store. They browsed through different sets and finally chose one. They went to the cashier and paid for it, grinning from ear to ear.

The pair went to Pedri's place to begin building the Lego set, seated opposite each other, focusing on different sections. Catalina was more than willing to help Pedri out, especially since it was his first time.

As they worked on the Lego set, there was a comfortable silence between them. Catalina spoke up, breaking the silence. "My classes all went back to online."

Pedri's heart dropped at the news. He put down the Lego pieces and asked, "Okay... What's going to happen? Are you going back to Tenerife?"

"No," Catalina replied, "I paid for my dorm this semester, and they're being so rude about it. They're not giving refunds to those who don't want to stay. So there's no way I can go back, and I honestly need the campus for materials."

Pedri tried to process the information. "Wait, say that again. You're staying in Barcelona for the rest of the semester?"

"I think you heard me," Catalina replied with a soft smile.

Pedri felt overjoyed at the news, "And because your classes are online, that means we're going to have more time together."

"In theory, maybe yeah. I don't know, we'll see how the workload's going to be," Catalina said, uncertain.

"That's still good.. You know it's been a while since you've been to one of my games," Pedri said, trying to change the topic.

"It's kind of hard when you're playing all the way in Malaga."

"We don't have a home game for a while. But you know know what would be fun though? Want to come watch me in Valencia?" Pedri asked hopefully.

"Oh my god. You're delusional."

"At least I asked," Pedri replied with a chuckle.

"What about you ask something normal next time?"

Pedri leaned forward, his eyes sparkling with excitement. "Alright, I have another question for you."

"Okay," Catalina sat up, her eyes meeting his.

"Let's go out on a date? Once I come back from my game, Monday night," Pedri asked, his heart racing as he waiting for a response.

Catalina's mind raced as she thought about it. "Wait, were all the times we were hanging out not dates?"

"They were, but I feel like it's better to officially put a label on it now," Pedri said, grinning from ear to ear.

"On that note then yes," Catalina replied, her face blushing a light shade of pink.

"Cool. What should we do when we're done with this?" Pedri asked, referring to the Lego set.

"We're not finishing this tonight," Catalina replied, holding the rest of the Lego packets, "We still have all of this to get through."

— — —

@cat_lina : he's cute but i'm starting to miss him

396 likes
43 comments

VIEW ALL

@username1 : too cute

@pedri : i'll be back soon
> @cat_lina : i'm talking about the bear😭
  > @pedri : i know what u really meant

@username2 : we need to catch up rn!